Orthopaedics Physician Assistant at MedStar Harbor Hospital
MedStar Harbor Hospital, a proud member of MedStar Health, is a mainstay in the Baltimore community, serving patients from Baltimore City, and Anne Arundel, Baltimore and Howard counties. We currently have a full time opening for a Physician Assistant to work directly with our board-certified orthopedic surgeon who specializes in spine surgery and spine reconstruction.
This position offers you the opportunity to care for patients in an outpatient orthopaedic clinic and first assist with spine and orthopaedic surgeries. You will enjoy a Monday - Friday schedule with no weekends and no holidays while practicing at MedStar Harbor Hospital and MedStar Health at Timonium orthopaedic clinic. Job Summary -
Performs a variety of duties such as history and physicals as well as providing care to assigned patients. Assesses, diagnoses, and documents findings. Writes medical orders and/or prescriptions. Makes clinical decisions relative to patient management through collaboration with physicians. Provides patient care as per the essential job functions for the PA scope of Practice and the MD/PA Delegation agreement.Minimum Qualifications
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Graduation from a Physician Assistant Program accredited by ARC-PA (Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant). Bachelors degree; Masters degree preferred.
- 2 years' experience as a physician assistant in an outpatient clinical setting preferred; emergency medicine/urgent care, minor surgical procedures experience preferred.
- NCCPA (National Commission of Certification of Physician Assistants) certification. Current license with the Maryland Board of Physicians. Current BLS (Basic Life Support)/ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) certifications.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Basic computer skills. Verbal and written communication skills.
About MedStar Health
- Achieves agreed upon productivity standards.
- Adheres to department policies and procedures. Complies with governmental and accreditation regulations.
- Advocates for patient by assessing medical and psychosocial needs, coordinating care with PMD and/or specialist, initiates referrals when appropriate.
- Contributes to the achievement of established departmental goals.
- Counsels the patient as to preventative care, medical problems, exercise, and the use of prescribed treatments and drugs.
- Incorporates data form history, physical examination, laboratory and diagnostic procedures to establish appropriate and corrective measures in collaboration with the attending physician.
- Orders, performs and interprets appropriate laboratory and diagnostic studies in the routine, urgent and emergent care of patients.
- Performs appropriate history and physical assessment on all assigned patients, including problem list, assessment and plan and reviews with attending physician / preceptor.
- Performs procedures as appropriate for patient care. Prepares and maintains records of patient charges. Participates in multidisciplinary quality and service improvement teams. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the charge nurse, team nurse, staff, residents and faculty preceptors by assisting in the coordination of patient care and patient flow on the teams and mentoring.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
Posting ID: 559414206Posted: 2020-07-01