- Functions as a resource for departmental staff. Provides consultation for clinical problem solving. Communicates issues to physicians, nurses, or other departmental staff members.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- NBRC Registered Respiratory Therapist or NBRC Registered Pulmonary Function Technician from an accredited Respiratory Care Program. Valid license in the State of Maryland.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Verbal and written communication skills. Basic computer skills preferred.
About MedStar Health
- Contributes to the achievement of established department goals and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures, quality standards and safety standards. Complies with governmental and accreditation regulations.
- Evaluates and integrates appropriate new technologies into cardiopulmonary care.
- Functions as a clinical liaison between cardiopulmonary staff, physicians, and nursing staff when patient care issues are involved.
- Identifies cardiopulmonary clinical issues and needs in patient care areas and participates in problem solving.
- In conjunction with the director, develops, manages, and performs competency testing of cardiopulmonary staff.
- Participates in monitoring variances and facilitating resolution.
- Participates in multidisciplinary quality and service improvement teams.
- Participates in the development and implementation of policies, procedures, and algorithms.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Performs patient assessment, prescribes therapy, and modifies treatment according to policy, procedure, and guidelines.
- Performs the duties of a technician/technologist as necessary.
- Provides didactic and clinical instruction of cardiopulmonary personnel in the policy and procedure of cardiopulmonary care to ensure adequate knowledge and clinical skills.
- Serves as a clinical resource for medical and nursing staff, ancillary departments, and cardiopulmonary staff.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
Posting ID: 559414277Posted: 2020-07-01