This is for a weekend Porter position. Every Saturday and Sunday as well as occasionally fill in on weekdays. The Porter begins their shift in the morning before the rest of the team to perform daily maintenance on equipment and restaurant care.
This job application is for a position in a restaurant owned and operated by an independent franchisee, not Culver Franchising System, Inc. This means the independent franchisee controls and is solely responsible for the employment policies and practices for this location including, among other things, setting any requirements for this job and all decisions concerning hiring, firing, discipline, supervision, staffing and scheduling. Culver Franchising System, Inc. will not receive a copy of any application you submit for this job posting and will have no control over whether you receive an interview and/or are ultimately hired or considered for employment. If you are hired for this job posting, the independent franchisee will be your employer. JOB SUMMARY:
Provides superior maintenance to interior and exterior of restaurant timely and accurately. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Demonstrates sanitation and food safety practices consistently.
2. Checks over restaurant from previous close to ensure a safe and secure environment.
3. Completes daily jobs timely and accurately.
4. Completes weekly jobs timely and accurately.
5. Completes monthly jobs timely and accurately.
6. Maintains the appearance of the building exterior and grounds effectively, including landscaping and snow removal.
7. Follows company safety standards at all times and looks out for the safety of other team members and guests.
8. Coordinates job duties around other opening team members to help ensure efficient preparation for opening.
9. Puts food order away accurately, rotates stock in cooler, freezer and dry storage area using the First In-First Out method while monitoring shelf life and code dates.
10. Takes temperatures of required foods upon delivery accurately, providing documentation on the Quality Control/Safe Food Checklist.
11. Puts food order away accurately, ensuring proper stock rotation.
12. Maintains a basic working knowledge of the operation of all the equipment in the restaurant.
13. Completes scheduled maintenance on all restaurant equipment safely and correctly.
14. Duties completed by 10:30 to be ready to work in the kitchen during the lunch shift.
15. Reports possible areas of incomplete closing to opening manager.
16. Completes other miscellaneous tasks as assigned by the manager on duty. QUALIFICATIONS
Reading and writing skills required
Communicates with guests, team and management
Maintains a sense of urgency
Demonstrates trained food safety knowledge
Climb up and down a ladder to a height of 25 feet
Sweep, mop and scrub using hazardous materials
Work independently without supervision
Reach, bend and clean surfaces regularly
Work frequently in hot, cold and damp environments
Works both in and outdoors each 50 percent of the time
Work safely to avoid hazards including but are not limited to: cuts, slipping, tripping, falls and burnsPHYSICAL ABILITIES
- Lift / carry 10 lbs or less Constantly
- Lift / carry 11-20 lbs Constantly
- Lift / carry 21-50 lbs Frequently
- Lift / carry 51-100 lbs Frequently