The Art Director will be part of a creative team and will help to lead the design and creative direction efforts. You should thrive in a fast-paced environment and be ready and eager to bring your special sauce to every project no matter how large or small the challenge.
- Lead creative development for projects, focusing on digital, as well as print, and experiential.
- Contribute original designs and concepts.
- Oversee and ensure Brand consistency and quality across marketing production work.
- Ensure timely and accurate project deliverables.
- Mentor junior creative team members.
- Collaborate with creative, copy and digital teams.
- Remain current with industry best practices and apply them to the development of creative.
- Art directs new and production based projects.
- Follows projects throughout all stages of print production and/or online deployment.
- Provides production support to produce technically correct, print ready mechanicals for release.
- Interacts regularly with client, creative partners and other team members as needed for completion of assigned projects.
- Interprets marketing ideas and turns them into visual reality at a world-class level.
- Works directly with Creative Director to help create top-line campaigns which push the boundaries.
- Solves business challenges through smart creative design.
- Takes ownership, leads initiatives and successfully executes through all stages of creative development on target, on time and on budget.
- Effective communication with peers, senior management and clients across all topics from business to creative.
- Participates in the recruiting and hiring process and is responsible for on boarding and training new employees.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- Bachelor's degree in discipline related field and 5+ yrs. of experience
- Impressive portfolio of imaginative work showcasing a variety of experience focusing on digital
- Retail, agency or in-house corporate design experience preferred
- Well versed on Macintosh platform (OSX) and industry standard applications.
- Must be highly proficient in Adobe CS software and other applicable programs, including Adobe XD.
- Experience presenting/pitching concepts to internal clients and external customers and sourcing vendors
- New ideas, great design sense, copywriting skills (a plus) and the ability to prepare projects for print are essential
- Understanding of print production, basic web development and good user interface concepts
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the proven ability to build and maintain strong and effective customer and internal relationships
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, along with the ability to listen for understanding to execute the work according to the customers' needs
- Expertise with relevant Adobe Creative Suite applications
- Ability to juggle multiple projects while meeting demanding deadlines, producing high quality work, and projecting a positive attitude
- Strong project management skills, organizational skills and time-management skills
Posting ID: 559414561Posted: 2020-06-17