Job DescriptionJob Title:
Certified Nursing Assistant (UPMC Cole) - CasualJob ID:
Med Surg 3Location:
1001 E. Second Street, Coudersport PA 16915 Description
Are you a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) interested in a career that provides plenty of opportunity for growth and development? Do you want to make a difference in the lives of your patients, community and coworkers? Join our team at UPMC Cole! We offer various opportunities for personal skill-building, professional development, and continued education. This position has a primary working shift of 3:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m., but may have to cover other shifts if needed. If you're ready to take on new challenges, we invite you to explore this opportunity with us today!
Provides routine resident care and support services in accordance with established policies and procedures, and as may be directed by the nurse or physician to assure that the highest degree of quality resident care can be provided at all times.Responsibilities:
QualificationsLicensure, Certifications, and Clearances:Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).PR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire.Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA).If entering position as part of CNA training program, employee has 120 days to obtain CNA. Students entering Nurse Aide Training classes who have residency in PA must have a Photo ID with a PA address.(Not applicable at UPMC Cole).Act 33 with renewalAct 34 with renewalAct 73 FBI Clearance with renewalHigh school diploma or equivalent. Knowledge of body mechanics and transfer techniques. Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/VeteranSalary Range:
- Maintain current CPR certification. Constructively receives feedback and direction. Identify and communicates learning needs to the unit manager. Take action to improve knowledge, skills and performance. Request assistance in planning and prioritizing activities as needed. Participate in self-review as requested by the unit manager.
- May apply, monitor and remove resident restraints as per physician or facility protocol. Provide diversional activities to reduce or prevent use of restraints. Document in the medical record according to established procedures. Comply with safety policies and procedures including standard precautions and understands policies and procedures for blood borne pathogen exposure. Strictly adhere to all policies and practices relative to resident care and facility related information. Responds within the scope of the nursing assistant role to emergent situations.
- Assure equipment malfunctions are reported to the appropriate department. Establish appropriate and effective communication strategies. Establish professional and respectful interpersonal relationships. Contribute to the universal unit activities including, but not limited to, responding to call lights and telephones, passing meal trays and transporting residents.
- Provide direct resident care as directed by the RN and LPN including all activities of daily living such as bathing, feeding, dressing, transporting, toileting and ambulating residents. Maintain an environment conducive to resident safety and recovery including, but not limited to, completing safety checks, keeping the department and resident rooms clean and organized, cleaning department specific equipment, changing bed linens, emptying linen hampers, keeping hallways clear of equipment and returning equipment to proper storage.Responds to resident needs and calls in timely manner. Acquire and distribute supplies and equipment to facilitate resident care delivery including, but not limited to,, ordering, charging/crediting supplies, setting up resident care equipment within the scope of the nursing assistant position and stocking resident rooms and unit supply areas. Deliver resident nourishments and assist with feeding as needed; fills water pitchers. Perform routine tests such as resident weights, vital signs and Intake &Outputs. Provide feedback to the RN/LPN regarding resident care and reports changes in resident status in timely manner.
- Suggest and support changes within the department. Assume responsibility for assignment and views problems as challenges. Demonstrate awareness of behavior on the efficient functioning of the department.
$11.73 to $19.77 / hourUnion Position:
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.
Posting ID: 559414675Posted: 2020-06-03