Job DescriptionJob Title:
Registered Nurse/Telehealth Triage - 1.0Job ID:
Evenings w/ RotationShift:
UPMC Susquehanna Medical GroupDepartment:
Susquehanna Nurse TriageLocation:
1100 Grampian Boulevard, Williamsport PA 17701 DescriptionUPMC is currently seeking a full-time Registered Nurse in the Telehealth Triage department at the Williamsport Divine Providence Campus!This is a wonderful opportunity for an experienced registered nurse who is seeking a new and exciting way to provide patient care in a telehealth setting!**Note, this position does require the RN to work on site, this is NOT a work from home position.
Works from a multi-line centralized communication center, offering triage and health information to patients by prioritizing incoming calls based on clinical acuity. Responsible for assessing the needs of the patient, develops a care plan based upon phone triage assessment, and directs patients to the appropriate healthcare provider/facility if required.Responsibilities:
- Provides patient education regarding disease management and medications, and anticipatory guidance and counseling.
- Provides healthcare recommendations based on assessment of patient needs using approved protocols.
- Processes prescription refills
- Know and follow all organizational/departmental policies/procedures
- Incorporate leading/evidence-based practice in quality/safety into every day work. Commit to high quality, safe work; encourage others to have similar standards. Identify processes/systems that could lead to inefficient practices, unsafe conditions, errors or adverse events. Avoid shortcuts to ensure quality and safety measures are not circumvented. Encourage patient and family involvement in processes involvingpatient safety. Speak up with other service partners to ensure high quality and safety. Report serious events/incidents per policy.
- Assesses patients by eliciting a focused health history.
- Documents accurately all call inquiries, communicating complex triage calls with Director and/or physician and takes verbal orders.
- Assists with statistical data collection
- Assume responsibility for personal development and education.
- Provides healthcare information to patients through telecommunications media using the nursing process.
- Communicates with other departments and pharmacies regarding patient needs, as necessary.
- Actively practice behaviors associated with SH Service Excellence expectations. Smile at and greet everyone enthusiastically, treat everyone with respect, dignity and C.A.R.E. Be an ambassador for Susquehanna Health. Provide the best C.A.R.E. for our patients no matter what.
- Orders labs/testing and schedules appointments with the office as needed
Certificate in Nursing required.
3 years of experience as a Staff RN required.Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
Registered Nurse licensure in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania requiredRegistered Nurse (RN)UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/VeteranSalary Range:
$26.83 to $41.93 / hourUnion Position:
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.
Posting ID: 559414681Posted: 2020-06-03