We Are Hiring
Quality Assurance Analyst/Lead- Full-Time,Day -8AM - 5PM, Monday - Friday - Austin,TX, St. Louis, MO, Chicago,IL, Nashville, TN or Indianapolis, INWhy Join Ascension?
Ascension Technologies leverages technology to create collaborative solutions that improve everyday health decisions. The technology enables seamless access to data across all applications transforming the customer experience when interacting with technology and enhancing our ability across Ascension to better serve communities with greater agility and responsiveness. It is used to provide insightful use of automation and data-drive improvements to enhance the provider, patient and consumer experience as well as keeping cybersecruity with a strong posture to protect data and other valuable assets.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension Information Services is one of the nation's largest healthcare information technology services organizations. We provide Ascension and its subsidiaries low-cost, high-value IT infrastructure and software application services that:
What You Will Do
- Support rapid and effective clinical decision making
- Improve efficiency and care transitions
- Foster information sharing across the continuum of care
- Make knowledge and data actionable, leading to improved patient outcomes
As an Associate with Ascension, you will have the opportunity to serve as a key resource to lead the assessment of quality solutions to support business processes. Our goal is to improve our data offerings through consolidation and modernization of our data and platforms, while continuing to build our data expertise. Implementing quality assurance methods to ensure testing validation throughout the solution development life cycle will play a key role in meeting our data delivery objectives. This position will lead/ mentor other staff in working with assigned business users to translate business requirements into technical solutions.
This position will be responsible for gaining understanding of business requirements for technical solutions and creating test plans to validate that business objectives are being met. The QA Analyst will work closely with development team to build continuous integration of coding changes and implement both manual and automation testing of processes as appropriate.
Because the organization has invested in Agile Methodology, this position will be expected to work closely with the rest of the scrum team and internal business partners to identify, evaluate, design, and implement large scale data solutions, structured and unstructured, public and proprietary data. The QA Analyst will work iteratively on the cloud platform to design, develop and implement scalable, high performance solutions that offer measurable business value to customers. Responsibilities:
Desired Skills/ Work Experience:
- Solicit, clarify and analyze technical requirements and develop comprehensive testing plans from unit/systems testing, integration and user acceptance testing (UAT).
- Build test plans, test scripts and test cases for technical projects.
- Understands database schemas and data flow diagrams.
- Reviews and evaluates data output to ensure it conforms to technical requirements
- Ability to create detailed test plans for new development and maintain regression testing for existing functionality.
- Able to effectively communicate highly technical information to numerous audiences, including management, the user community, and less-experienced staff.
- Apply expertise in researching and root cause analysis of defects.
- Establish and manage day to day QA related tasks.
- Create test QA metrics and regularly assess data integrity from source to target.
- Consistently communicate on status of project deliverables
- Consistently provide work effort estimates to management to assist in setting priorities
- Deliver timely work in accordance with estimates
- Solve problems as they arise and communicate potential roadblocks to manage expectations
- Adhere strictly to all security policies
What You Will NeedEducation:
- Two or more years of experience in SDLC or QA Lifecycle preferred
- Experience applying CI/CD (continuous integration/continuous delivery) methodologies using Jenkins is preferred
- Experience with fully adjudicated Medical and Pharmacy claims, Premium, Provider, and/or Supplemental data highly preferred. Medicare Advantage experience is a plus.
- Participation in delivering projects using SDLC and Agile methodologies preferred.
- Experience with healthcare data is desirable
- Experience with version control platform github
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field preferred
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required
Equal Employment Opportunity
- 3 years of experience preferred.
Ascension Technologiesis an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/ofccp_eeo_supplement_final_jrf_qa_508c.pdf E-Verify Statement
Ascension Technologies participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)