Job DescriptionJob Title:
Director of NursingJob ID:
UPMC Asbury HeightsDepartment:
700 Bower Hill Road, Pittsburgh PA 15243 Description
The Director of Nursing plans, develops, organizes and coordinates the Nursing, Quality Assurance Performance Improvement Program, Infection Control and Restorative Nursing Programs; and ensures compliance of each in accordance with current applicable federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations, and internal established policies and procedures.Responsibilities:
- Represents the facility and organization in a professional manner, demonstrating the UPMC values and communicating in a clear and concise manner.
- Acts on behalf of Administrator in his/her absence.
- Plans, develops, organizes, coordinates and oversees the delivery of quality resident care in compliance with applicable federal, state and local standards, nursing practice guidelines and regulations.
- Evaluates staffing levels to ensure appropriate resources are utilized and staffing needs are met;
- Participates in continuing education to ensure competence and awareness of changes in regulations.
- Addresses personnel and organization issues promptly, reporting relevant concerns timely to administrator and others as required by policy and regulations.
- Participates in conducting periodic mock inspections and sharing practices.
- Participates and/or leads initiatives and committees within facility and system-wide as directed.
- Demonstrates a thorough working knowledge of current federal, state and local regulations and internal policies and procedures.
- Promotes compliance with all policies and regulations.
- Serves as chairperson for the facility quality assurance improvement program; monitoring outcomes in order to identify trends and opportunity for improvement, and facilitating appropriate changes in practices to address any deficiencies. Completes reports as required in accordance with policies and local, state, national regulations.
- Assists with developing and implementing appropriate plans of action to correct identified deficiencies and provides information required to the State Department of Health and other regulatory bodies.
- Promotes recruitment and retention of staff, actively engaging staff, promoting teamwork, and performing necessary personnel functions accurately and timely. Maintains confidentiality in regards to resident and employee information and records.
- Accepts responsibility and accountability for the provision of resident care, serving as a leader and role model and promoting resident-centered, quality care.
- Demonstrates knowledge of emergency practices, plans, and procedures.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- Minimum 5 years of nursing experience required, 2 of which should be in a Long Term Care setting
- 2 years of progressive leadership experience required (e.g. Nursing Supervisor, Nursing Unit Manager)
- BSN required, either at time of hire/transfer, or must be enrolled in a program within one year of hire/transfer date and completed within three years of enrollment.
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/VeteranSalary Range:
- CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Registered Nurse (RN)
$0 / hourUnion Position:
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.
Posting ID: 559414699Posted: 2020-06-03