Job DescriptionJob Title:
Professional Staff Nurse - (Part-Time) - New CastleJob ID:
Jameson Care CenterDepartment:
3349 Wilmington Road, New Castle PA 16105 DescriptionJameson Care Center is Hiring a Professional Staff Nurse!
Are you interested in building a rewarding career in nursing? Jameson Care Center
is looking for dedicated nurses like you to help enhance the lives of our residents. In thisPart-Time
role, you will have the authority, responsibility, and shift accountability for the delivery of nursing care through the use of the nursing process. The Professional Staff Nurse, in collaboration with the Unit Manager, and other health care professionals, applies competent clinical knowledge and skills to achieve quality care outcomes.
Jameson Care Center is askilled nursing
facility located in a beautiful and scenic wooded area in the heart ofLawrence County
. UPMC's reputation for medical excellence is demonstrated every day through the facility's variety of programs. By combining talent and services, Jameson Care Center has become a leader in geriatric health care in Western Pennsylvania. Nestled in between Pittsburgh, Cleveland and Erie, Lawrence County is a short drive from just about anywhere.
Apply today and become a part of Life Changing Medicine! Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates accountability for professional development that improves the quality of professional practice and the quality of patient care. Makes recommendations for the improvement of clinical care and the health of the workplace and welcomes and participates in change initiatives. Leads by investing and building healthy relationships among colleagues and other disciplines. Shows the ability to set priorities and demonstrates an understanding of shared governance and begins participating at the unit level. Begins to serve as an engaged member of a team supporting colleagues in service to patients and families and may participate in task forces or other initiatives.
- Applies basic nursing knowledge and skills within the framework of Relationship Based Care, using the nursing process to meet the clinical, psychosocial and spiritual needs of the patient and family. Communicates effectively, both verbally and in documentation. Demonstrates critical thinking in the identification of clinical, social, safety, spiritual issues within the episode of care. Learns to incorporate national professional organization as well as business unit and health system's goals to improve patient safety, quality and satisfaction. Formulates a plan of care and daily goals that consider individual patient needs. Demonstrates initiative and seeks formal and informal opportunities to improve clinical practice. Seeks guidance and asks questions to continuously improve nursing practice. Creates a caring and compassionate patient-focused experience by building healing relationships with patient, families and colleagues. Identifies ethical situations within patient care or within the workplace and seeks assistance. Professionally accepts assignments that gradually increase patient load and complexity.
- Actively engages in clinical development and/or RN residency program for new hires. Requests opportunities to learn safe, accountable and autonomous practice from more experienced nurses. Seeks, accepts and utilizes performance feedback from peers, preceptors and unit/department Leaders as a learning opportunity and to improve practice. Demonstrates enthusiasm for continuous learning and identifies and creates a plan for the continuation of learning and development. Identifies patient and family needs for education and provides basic education to support the episode of care. Seeks professional development and involvement through membership in a professional nursing organization and/or reading professional literature on a regular basis.
- Demonstrates a basic knowledge of research, how it affects practice and who/what resources are available to assist with evidence based practice by asking questions, demonstrating interest, participating in unit-based journal clubs. Clinical practice demonstrates knowledge of how quality and innovation impacts patient satisfaction, safety, and clinical quality outcomes. Identifies opportunities for improvement on the clinical area. Utilizes nursing process in managing the care of residents including assessment, interdisciplinary planning, and implementation, evaluation of resident care, teaching and discharge planning utilizing evidence-bases standards of nursing practices. Provides basic psychosocial support and counseling. Collaborates with physician and care team to ensure quality resident care. Reports and records all changes observed in condition or behavior of residents in accordance with documentation practices and policies. Complies with established medication use policies, safety policies and procedures including standard infection control.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with all members of the health care team. Begins to demonstrate awareness of cultural diversity, horizontal violence and impairment in the health professions. Cares for patients and self by supporting safety in the workplace.
Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)Registered Nurse (RN)Act 34OAPSAUPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/VeteranSalary Range:
- Minimum 6 months nursing experience required
- Long term care experience preferred BSN preferred
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire.
$23.69 to $35.99 / hourUnion Position:
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.
Posting ID: 559414712Posted: 2020-07-14