Job DescriptionJob Title:
Lead, Financial AnalystJob ID:
HSD Susquehanna FinanceLocation:
700 High Street, Williamsport PA 17701 Description
As the Lead, Financial Analyst you will take a leadership role in the enhancement, development, documentation, and communication of identified variances by managing comprehensive analysis of data.
You will understand the causes of financial & clinical trends and anomalies. With the potential to oversee other Financial Analysts in the future and provide guidance, assistance, supervision. Articulate opportunities to internal and external audiences, including senior executives. Implement solutions and track and monitor progress. Partner with operating personnel and substitute for senior leaders in various forums. Weigh practical considerations and potential barriers that need to be overcome to successfully implement new programs and processes.Responsibilities:
- Investigate variances and derive solutions to cost increases and quality issues.
- Perform cost/benefit analysis.
- Implement and monitor effectiveness of these solutions.
- Serve as a process expert and provide training and support to other Financial Analysts.
- Perform statistical analyses, and then be able to explain this analysis to a non-technical audience of both internal and external customers and, at times, senior management.
- Identify trends in expenses, utilization, medical quality, and other areas.
- Mentor and supervise day to day responsibilities of a minimum of two finance staff.
- Responsible for the distribution of work assignments for their team as well as workflow management within their team.
- Must use their knowledge and expert understanding of financial, clinical and other information generated by numerous sources to identify opportunities to improve clinical and financial performance.
- Meet deadlines and turnaround times set by managers and department director (these deadlines and turnaround times will, at times, require the employee to work until the project is completed, meaning extended daily work hours, extended work weeks, or both).
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/VeteranSalary Range:
- Bachelor's degree in finance or related business field required.
- A Master's degree or CPA license and four years of experience will also be considered.
- Minimum of five years of related work experience required.
- CPA/MBA preferred.
- Experience in the health care industry preferred.
- Prior experience leading/supervising staff preferred.
- Microsoft office with emphasis on spreadsheet application required and PeopleSoft General Ledger proficiency preferred.
- Demonstrate a high degree of professionalism, enthusiasm and initiative on a daily basis.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment a must.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, and forge strong interpersonal relationships within the department, with other departments, and with external audiences.
- Attention to detail is critical to the success of this position, with demonstrated competency in customer orientation and the ability to deal with ambiguity. Excellent planning, communication, documentation, organizational, analytical, and problem solving abilities.
- Advanced mathematical skills.
- Ability to interpret and summarize results of various analyses in a timely and meaningful way.
- Ability to effectively approach problem solving.
- Ability to re-engineer processes to positively impact productivity in terms of timeliness and accuracy.
$31.93 to $49.48 / hourUnion Position:
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.
Posting ID: 559414714Posted: 2020-06-03