What you'll be doing...
You will translate Verizon's strategy into a workforce plan to deliver the talent that creates the networks that move the world forward. Working closely with key stakeholders (e.g., business leaders, HRBPs, Talent Acquisition, L&D, Finance, Real Estate), you'll anticipate and define the future talent needs of our company, assess our readiness to compete in the future, and establish talent strategies to shape our talent investments for the future. Delivering optimal workforce capabilities around the world - the right people in the right roles at the right time to execute on our strategy - is the name of the game. You will report to the Director of Strategic Workforce Planning and be part of a team spearheading this effort across our global footprint.
In partnership with the business leaders, HRBPs, and other critical stakeholders, you will:
What we're looking for...
- Understand the strategies of our business and the impact of emerging technology, market shifts, and workforce changes to identify talent needs for the future and establish a strategy to ensure the right mix of talent, technologies, and employment models to reach our goals.
- Implement and regularly update an end-to-end workforce planning process, including design, plan, and deployment of the workforce strategy with relevant tools and frameworks.
- Leverage internal and external data, trends, analytics, and insights to assess local and global talent gaps, forecast resource needs, and model future scenarios to accurately identify and prioritize talent risks and opportunities.
- Validate findings and design solutions with stakeholders, including finance, real estate, talent acquisition, resource management, and L&D to improve and achieve our strategic workforce plan.
- Inform and engage CHRO, HRLT, business, and functional stakeholders as partners throughout this journey to scale workforce planning and help leaders guide company's future talent investments across our footprint.
You are inspired by the future of work and what it could be. You energize others with your vision of the future and bring them along on the journey. You're highly analytical and understand how to link data with the strategy and weave compelling stories. Having worked with different kinds of people, you know how to flex your style to the person and situation. You have the ability to consider issues from multiple perspectives and connect the dots on seemingly disconnected ideas.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with workforce planning, resource management, or human resources.
Even better if you have:
When you join Verizon...
- A degree.
- Experience leading large-scale projects, including those with deliverables with high-visibility to senior leaders.
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, and project management skills.
- Excellent analytical and data visualization skills (including advanced skill in Excel).
- Excellent skill in PowerPoint.
You'll have the power to go beyond - doing the work that's transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you'll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we'll go far.Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.