We Are Hiring
Technology Specialist- Data Delivery and Governance - Full-Time,Day - 7715 Chevy Chase Bldg - Austin, TXWhy Join Ascension?
Ascension Technologies leverages technology to create collaborative solutions that improve everyday health decisions. The technology enables seamless access to data across all applications transforming the customer experience when interacting with technology and enhancing our ability across Ascension to better serve communities with greater agility and responsiveness. It is used to provide insightful use of automation and data-drive improvements to enhance the provider, patient and consumer experience as well as keeping cybersecruity with a strong posture to protect data and other valuable assets.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension Information Services is one of the nation's largest healthcare information technology services organizations. We provide Ascension and its subsidiaries low-cost, high-value IT infrastructure and software application services that: • Support rapid and effective clinical decision making • Improve efficiency and care transitions • Foster information sharing across the continuum of care • Make knowledge and data actionable, leading to improved patient outcomes What You Will DoResponsibilities:
Required Work Experience:
- Responsible for analyzing the datasets to contribute towards design.
- The Technical Analystmust have considerable expertise in SQL, Extract Transform Load (ETL), and stored procedure creation for data transformation. Must have demonstrated success translating business and functional requirements to technical specifications
- Technical Data Analyst will work closely with the rest of the scrum team and internal business partners to identify, evaluate, design, and implement data solutions
- The Technical Data Analyst will work iteratively on the cloud platform to contribute to the design of scalable, high performance solutions that offer measurable business value to customers.
- Develops partnerships with senior users to understand their business needs and define future application requirements
- Evaluates the applicability of leading edge technologies and uses this information to significantly influence future business strategies.
- Analyzes complex business and competitive issues and discerns the implications for systems support
- Designs, directs and performs analyses to resolve complex first-time project issues, including analysis of the technical and economic feasibility of proposed system solutions
- Designs projects with broad implication for the business and/or the future architecture, successfully addressing cross-technology and cross-platform issues. Balances and negotiates the needs of multiple users and communicates the business advantages of various technical solutions
- Manages customer expectations and ensures prompt and complete customer service
- Customizes presentations to the interests of the audience.
- Develops expert understanding of applications development processes, and in-depth knowledge of leading edge technologies to create plans for future technology use
Desired Work Experience:
- Minimum number years of relevant experience:3 Years
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Coding skills in SQL
- Experience with RDBMS systems and/or large scale data
- Demonstrated success translating business requirements to technical specifications
- Abilities to capture and consolidate functional requirements into technical requirements documents and communicate documents to the team
- Work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors
- With limited guidance, responsible for working on moderately complex assignments/projects
- Regularly exercises independent judgment on matters of significance including making recommendations on management
- Begins to influence department's strategy
- Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components and completion of own tasks/responsibilities of substantial complexity
- Often operates in ambiguous situations
- Identifies areas for possible improvements and proactively addresses problems within scope of responsibility
- Regularly makes recommendations on new processes, tools and services that can impact multiple projects and other functions
- Work is performed without direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments
- Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments. Often determines methods/approach to work/projects and establishes own work priorities and timelines
- Work is evaluated upon completion to ensure that results and objectives have been met
What You Will NeedEducation:
- Understands or has experience with Extract Transform Load (ETL), and stored procedure creation for data transformation
- Experience with GCP platform development tools big query, data prep, and cloud storage desired
- Understands database schemas, data flow diagrams, and data specifications
- Understands source systems and the common business and technical keys
- Abilities to capture, consolidate, and communicate information from Product Owner and Functional SME's into business and technical requirements documents, communicate documents to the development team
- Reviews and evaluates developed data output to ensure it conforms to business and technical requirements.
- Translates technical issues for product owners and business stakeholders
- Resolve differences between conflicting business requirements by championing the communications and vetting needs warranted for overall needs
- Serve as a liaison between development, product owner, scrum master and business owner to ensure technical compatibility and satisfaction of solutions
- Healthcare (clinical, ambulatory, etc.) Data Subject Matter Expertise
- Analyze the existing dataset to contribute towards design
- Data correlation analysis
- Stored procedure creation for data transformation
- Coordinating operational tasks in setting up schedule file moves from source to destinations including builds of Logging, Monitoring and Alerts configurations
- Assists with Quality Control and Assurance on Data Projects
- Creation of views from source to destination projects
- Create and Maintain Data Models (Logical and Physical)
- Perform reverse engineering of physical data models and SQL Scripts to create technical specs
- Develop best practices for standard naming conventions ensure consistency of data models and data storage locations
- Master level technology degree preferred
- Bachelor's Level degree preferred
- Technology certifications preferred
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- 3 years of experience preferred.
Ascension Technologiesis an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/ofccp_eeo_supplement_final_jrf_qa_508c.pdf E-Verify Statement
Ascension Technologies participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)
Posting ID: 559414790Posted: 2020-06-24