Job DescriptionJob Title:
Staff Nurse (Full Time, Part Time & Casual Opportunities)Job ID:
100 Fairfield Drive, Seneca PA 16346 DescriptionCompassionate individuals of all experience levels are encouraged to apply!Applicants will be placed in the appropriate job title and salary from the "My Nursing Career Ladder" based on their individual experience and education.Whether you're a recent Graduate Nurse looking to launch your nursing career, or a seasoned RN seeking a change, now is your moment to find your place at UPMC!
By applying to this posting, you will have the opportunity to speak with a recruiter to learn more about how a career with UPMC Northwest in Seneca, PA could be right for you!
- Demonstrates accountability for professional development that improves the quality of professional practice and the quality of patient care.
- Makes recommendations for the improvement of clinical care and the health of the workplace and welcomes and participates in change initiatives.
- Leads by investing and building healthy relationships among colleagues and other disciplines.
- Shows the ability to set priorities and demonstrates an understanding of shared governance and begins participating at the unit level.
- Begins to serve as an engaged member of a team supporting colleagues in service to patients and families and may participate in task forces or other initiatives.
- Demonstrates a basic knowledge of research, how it affects practice and who/what resources are available to assist with evidence based practice by asking questions, demonstrating interest, participating in unit-based journal clubs.
- Clinical practice demonstrates knowledge of how quality and innovation impacts patient satisfaction, safety, and clinical quality outcomes.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement on the clinical area.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with all members of the health care team.
- Begins to demonstrate awareness of cultural diversity, horizontal violence and impairment in the health professions.
- Cares for patients and self by supporting safety in the workplace.
- Actively engages in clinical development and/or RN residency program for new hires.
- Requests opportunities to learn safe, accountable and autonomous practice from more experienced nurses.
- Seeks, accepts and utilizes performance feedback from peers, preceptors and unit/department Leaders as a learning opportunity and to improve practice.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm for continuous learning and identifies and creates a plan for the continuation of learning and development.
- Identifies patient and family needs for education and provides basic education to support the episode of care.
- Seeks professional development and involvement through membership in a professional nursing organization and/or reading professional literature on a regular basis.
- Applies basic nursing knowledge and skills within the framework of Relationship Based Care, using the nursing process to meet the clinical, psychosocial and spiritual needs of the patient and family.
- Communicates effectively, both verbally and in documentation.
- Demonstrates critical thinking in the identification of clinical, social, safety, spiritual issues within the episode of care.
- Learns to incorporate national professional organization as well as business unit and health system's goals to improve patient safety, quality and satisfaction.
- Formulates a plan of care and daily goals that consider individual patient needs.
- Demonstrates initiative and seeks formal and informal opportunities to improve clinical practice.
- Seeks guidance and asks questions to continuously improve nursing practice.
- Creates a caring and compassionate patient-focused experience by building healing relationships with patient, families and colleagues.
- Identifies ethical situations within patient care or within the workplace and seeks assistance.
- Professionally accepts assignments that gradually increase patient load and complexity.
- The individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care and/or interact appropriately to the ages of the patients served by his/her assigned unit as specified below.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his/her age-specific needs and to provide the care needs as described in the department policy and procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive, caring relationships with executives, managers, physicians, non-physician providers, ancillary and support staff, other departments, and patients/families.
- Ability to work productively and effectively within a complex environment, handle multiple/changing priorities and specialized equipment.
- Critical thinking, analytical and problem solving abilities required as related to various aspects of patient care.Good clinical judgment.
- Critical thinking skills necessary to exercise and to lead others in application of the nursing process.
- Mobility and visual manual dexterity.
- Physical stamina for frequent walking, standing, lifting and positioning of patients.
$24.95 to $33.17 / hourUnion Position:
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.
Posting ID: 559414831Posted: 2020-06-24