Job DescriptionJob Title:
Research Associate Sr WPICJob ID:
9:00am - 5:30pmShift:
UPMC Western Psychiatric HospitalDepartment:
Brent Program FundsLocation:
100 North Bellefield Avenue, Pittsburgh PA 15213 Description
The STAR Research department conducts various studies with children and adults to address depression, anxiety, and suicidal symptoms, prevention, and treatment. The ETUDES Center, for which this position will primarily work, aims to address identifying adolescents who are depressed, increase adherence to treatment referrals, and provide support in primary care and community settings to providers to manage suicidal symptoms in their care environment. The Center uses various techniques to address this complex problem through conventional research protocols, community engagement, and partnering on events to innovate solutions to decrease adolescent suicidality.
This position is grant funded.
Independently execute job functions for research protocol(s). Mentor, train, & assist with supervising junior research staff.Responsibilities:
Grant Funded Responsibilities:
- Independently execute job functions for research protocol(s) including recruitment, collecting data from subjects, assist with preparation of scientific articles, assist with data analysis, assist with IRB and grant submissions as needed.
- Mentor, train, and assist with supervising junior research staff.
- Assess suicidal risk and contact clinical supervisor and physician investigators when further assessment and intervention are needed
- Participate in group supervision to refine risk assessment skills and make appropriate corrections.
- Act as a key team member in obtaining written consent forms, completing appointments, and collecting data by conducting phone or face to face interviews for research project(s).
- Conduct in-person and telephone semi-structured interviews and clinical suicide-risk assessments and write descriptive clinical summaries (after necessary on-the-job training).
- Monitor work flow of the research protocol, troubleshoot data collection, and ensure compliance.
- Communicate effectively with research, clinical and administrative staff to maintain efficient and appropriate interactions.
- Contact and schedule potential participants from a designated pool of individuals who have agreed to be contacted for research studies and those who contact research study with interest in participating.
- Ensure that complete data projects are turned in promptly.
- Conduct data collection with participants according to a research protocol, including providing oral and written instructions to participants
- Attend and participate in all project-related meetings, including regular staff meetings, diagnostic conferences, and research team meetings.
- Work effectively as part of a team and independently to maintain multiple Center activities are executed according to Center timeline.
- Assist with summarizing Center progress toward aims for Steering Committee to evaluate and iterate next steps of research interventions (including meeting minutes distributed weekly)
- Assist with dissemination and communication plans of Center activities via social media, newsletters, website, etc.
- Assist with event planning and implementation of Innovation Contests and requests for research proposals (RFPs) to incubate pilot projects from ETUDES Center stakeholders and jr investigators addressing Center aims.
- Assist with submitting regulatory reports, IRB protocols, quality improvement protocols, and NIH reports.
- Recruit adolescents and young adults in person or remotely at research site locations
- Masters degree required preferably in psychology, neuroscience, counseling, sociology, or related research field.
- Minimum of one year of work experience in a research project and/or related clinical setting is required.
- Familiarity with computers and common software packages required.
- Working knowledge of research methodology strongly preferred.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- One year behavioral health experience
- SCID-5 or other diagnostic experience
- Experience with mental health diagnosis
- Proficient with computers and tablet applications and Microsoft Excel
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/VeteranSalary Range:
- Act 34
- Comprehensive Crisis Management (CCMC)
$17.97 to $29.87 / hourUnion Position:
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.
Posting ID: 559414870Posted: 2020-06-17