We Are Hiring
Ascension Saint Agnes is looking for a Part-Time Surgical Physician Assistant to join our elite team!Why Join Ascension?About Ascension Saint Agnes
- For over 150 years, Saint Agnes, built on a strong foundation of excellent medical care and compassion, is comprised of care teams who are committed to providing the best care for our patients.
- Saint Agnes is a part of Ascension, one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the country.
- 251-bed full-service teaching hospital with residency programs in a number of medical and surgical specialties
- Ascension Saint Agnes offers emergency as well as a variety of inpatient and outpatient services. That is in addition to our Six Institutes that focus in the areas of Cancer, Orthopedics and Spine, Cardiovascular, Women and Children, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and Bariatric Surgery.
About Ascension Medical Group
- Baltimoreans have a lot to love about Baltimore with its famous crab cakes, major sports teams -the Orioles (baseball) and the Ravens (football), its beautiful historic harbor, diverse historical sites with three centuries of history, and its proximity to other major cities - NYC, Washington DC, and Philadelphia.
- Although it's a large city, and it is the fourth largest school district in Maryland, it has received an award for Urban School Board Excellence from the Council of Urban Boards of Education.
- Besides its great education, there are home buying incentives for its residents. There are many incentive programs for homebuyers, homeowners, and renters that are managed by different city departments or nonprofits making relocation options easy.
- With more than 130 attractions, museums, historic sites and performing arts groups, Baltimore promises something for everyone.
When you join Ascension Medical Group (AMG), you are entering a community where physician and advanced practice provider engagement and experience is recognized as a key driver of delivering excellent patient care.
With 1,900 sites of care and 7,000 providers strong, AMG is one of the largest healthcare provider networks in the United States. Physicians and advanced practice providers benefit from a collaborative approach to care, significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages What You Will DoResponsibilities:
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Obtains patient history and performs assessment. Orders, performs and interprets diagnostic procedures.
- Provides and documents direct treatment and management of health conditions.
- Provides counseling and education of patients and their families/caregivers concerning preventative health, treatment options and community resources.
- Performs preventative health assessments, screening, immunizations and care.
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Providercredentialed from theAmerican Heart Association (AHA)obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Physician Assistantcredentialed from theMaryland Board of Physiciansobtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Graduate of accredited Physician Assistant program
- Master's degree preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
- 1 year of experience preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As an equal opportunity employer, Saint Agnes Hospital does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, veterans status, military service, or any other legally protected status.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Posting ID: 559414871Posted: 2020-07-01