What you'll be doing...Our team is hiring an Ecosystem Partnership Manager to join our Skyward strategy team. You'll be working in an exciting startup environment within the foundation of a large company (Verizon). You will have the freedom and autonomy to do your best work, with the support and camaraderie you need to enjoy your job. In this role you will be contributing to the future of connected aviation.In this role, you'll drive our ecosystem partnership strategy by managing partner relationships, collaborating with our product teams on partner integrations, and delivering complex packages for our sales team to sell. This will mean driving technical, business development, and go-to-market activities with internal and external partners. You will be a catalyst for change and therefore must be comfortable with ambiguity, leading across multiple teams and working with all levels of the organization to get results. Develop partnership plans, including value proposition and integration options, for integrated products to be brought to market.
What we're looking for...You are a self-starter, a creative and innovative thinker with strong attention to detail, and have an ability to see the big picture and influence others. Talking to people comes very naturally to you and you have an ability to communicate and present complex information in a way that people understand - whether verbal or written.You'll need to have:
- Propose business terms for partners based on market dynamics, bargaining position, and our strategy.
- Create and execute short-term and long-term partnership strategies for the business.
- Effectively communicate product requirements and needs to stakeholders in everyday verbal and written communication.
- Convey the value of what Skyward & Verizon offer today and are creating and planning for the future -- to external stakeholders, Verizon and Skyward colleagues, and the market at large.
- Write a variety of project briefs, business contract terms, and presentations to your peers, leadership, and partners.
- Maintain a trusted relationship with stakeholders, which include but are not limited to: Verizon Sourcing & Legal, Skyward Sales, Product, Marketing, and executive management.
- Deliver on commitments to partners and colleagues, and the accountability to require others to deliver on their commitments to you.
- Manage and coordinate partner and vendor relationships necessary for our connected aviation products. Must be able to balance the needs of partners and prioritize among diverse sets of stakeholders.
- Partner with Skyward and other Verizon teams to enable the resale and distribution of connected aircraft products through our B2B channels.
- Communicate across teams about the status of relevant work and provide key points for new feature development and product launch communications.
- Work closely with Legal and Sales teams to maximize Verizon's market share.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor's degree four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Four or more years of experience in the telecommunications or aviation industries.
- Experience developing partnership programs in a new market.
- Experience with regulated products, such as avionics systems, drones, or a similar industry.
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time.
When you join Verizon...
- An MBA or a JD, or both.
- Strong collaboration skills and the ability to work with and motivate team members, peers and leadership.
- Clear communication ability - written and oral - as well as presentation skills.
- Strong task management capabilities and a proven ability to proactively communicate project status to key stakeholders.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Experience in global markets with a strong understanding of the complexities in cross-border transactions and partnerships.
- Project Management background, including management of cross-functional projects.
- Strong engineering or research background and willingness to learn the deep technical aspects of a technology you aren't familiar with.
- Knowledge about the drone industry, including manned or unmanned pilot experience.
You'll have the power to go beyond - doing the work that's transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you'll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we'll go far.Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Posting ID: 559414878Posted: 2020-06-03