Job DescriptionJob Title:
Patient Associate (Casual)Job ID:
Radiology Diagnostic WilmLocation:
3438 Route 208, New Wilmington PA 16142 Description
UPMC Horizon is hiring a Casual Patient Associate to help support our locations in New Wilmington and Mercer. This position will work primarily M-F daylight hours rotating between 5-8 hour shifts.Purpose
Perform registration of patients and designated ancillary testing.Responsibilities
- Consistently utilize spare-time to benefit unit, patients, and co-workers.
- Contribute to the efficient operation and management of the department.
- Obtain signature of patient or family member of consent to treatment and financial responsibility flowing the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) rules and regulations.
- Present self in a positive manner reflected by personal attire and etiquette.
- Demonstrate cost consciousness through efficient use of time, materials, staff, equipment, supplies and available resources.
- Instruct patients on the collection procedures for laboratory specimens that are obtained by the patient.
- Establish and maintain good rapport and cooperative relationship with medical staff, co-workers, supervisors and others.
- Exhibit integrity, courtesy, and respect for others.
- Maintain confidentiality of hospital and department information with no infractions.
- Utilize established policies, procedures and protocols when implementing care in an effort to positively affect patient outcome.
- Perform and documents EKG's.
- Procure appropriate specimens by venipuncture, swab, heelstick and fingerstick following established procedures including proper patient identification procedures.
- Maintain professional, pleasant and effective communications both internally and externally.
- Procure and process laboratory specimens, requisitions, and order entries from internal and external facilities.
- Participate in the collection and communication of data pertaining to health status and needs of patients of all ages on an ongoing basis.
- Provide directions to areas within facility.
- Promote the hospital's image and maintains a positive and helpful attitude toward employees, physicians, visitors, and the community to enhance the hospital's reputation as a health care center.
- Perform test ordering, charging, registration of patients, and daily work directed to billing department accurately.
- Collect and record patient payments at time of service.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in patient registration and technical skills/experience with EKG's and specimen procurement preferred.
- Medical terminology knowledge and computer experience preferred.
- Good oral and written communication skills must be able to communicate with hospital contacts both on the telephone and directly, and effectively communicate with all age groups, populations, and individuals within the hospital.
- Skilled in the use of hospital computer systems.
- Team member accountability to ensure all Outpatient Center functions are completed in a timely, efficient, and effective manner.
- Perform frequent sitting, walking and standing, lifting of objects up to 50 pounds, lifting and turning patients with/without assistance, kneeling, crouching, climbing, stooping and squatting, pushing and pulling patients with/without assistance, twisting of hand and wrist, reaching, coordination, and manual dexterity required.
- Ability to see and hear with or without mechanical devices.
- Normal patient care environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust and temperature changes.
- May be exposed to: chemicals, hazardous waste, communicable diseases, blood, and blood borne pathogens.
- Ability to wear protective clothing and/or equipment as determined by hospital policy.
- Consistently seeks out continuing education activities relevant to practice areas. Attains initial and mandatory training as defined by hospital guidelines.
CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
Act 31 Child Abuse Reporting with renewal
Act 33 with renewal
Act 34 with renewal
Act 73 FBI Clearance with renewalUPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/VeteranSalary Range:
$13.38 to $20.37 / hourUnion Position:
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.
Posting ID: 559414909Posted: 2020-06-03