Job DescriptionJob Title:
Sr. Police Officer II / Master Police OfficerJob ID:
Corporate Public SafetyDepartment:
HSD Public SafetyLocation:
600 Grant St, Pittsburgh PA 15219 Description
Are you a law enforcement professional looking to join a team that's centered around our UPMC core value of Quality and Safety? UPMC is excited to be hiring for multiple Police Officer opportunities at hospitals in and around the Pittsburgh area. Schedules can vary. The title of the position and the starting pay will depend upon the work location.The Act 235 Certification is required prior to hire. The Act 120 Municipal Police Officer training isnota substitution for the Act 235. To learn more about the Act 235 please visit https://www.psp.pa.gov/lethalweapons. Purpose:
Responsible for maintaining a safe and secure environment for patients, visitors, staff and all UPMC owned and adjacent properties. Enforces UPMC rules and regulations to both employees and the public. Establish a uniformed police presence by patrolling UPMC hospitals, buildings, grounds and associated areas to deter criminal activity, investigate criminal events, document activities, and take appropriate police action when necessary. Monitors security, fire, and environmental alarms. Responds to and resolves problems, disputes and unusual circumstances as necessary. Provides customer service to patients, families, visitors and staff to maintain a safe and secure environment. Serves as a first responder to any violent act occurring at a UPMC location. Will be armed with a firearm. Oversees the operations of assigned shift and formally leads the daily operations of the department. Organizes and assigns work, and provides daily instruction to staff regarding specific duties and assignments.Responsibilities:
- Ability to handle evidence control pertaining to UPMC initiated criminal investigations
- Responds to acts of extreme violence at UPMC owned or controlled properties that have the potential to require the deployment of deadly force as dictated by UPMC policy.
- May be required to support various types of investigations that have system-wide implication
- Required to carry, properly handle, and be able to deploy a firearm.
- Tasked with the ability to issue PA state citations for certain criminal and traffic offenses, using specific law enforcement applications such as the PA Justice Network, and performing other law enforcement duties as necessary.
- Investigates incidents of unusual circumstances reported by UPMC staff, visitors, physicians and patients.
- Must be able to perform as a Security Officer when necessary.
- Appropriately escalates problems and concerns to Management's attention.
- Will be responsible for the transportation of those subjected to criminal arrest and subsequent prosecution
- May be required to serve legal documents such as arrest warrants, subpoena, Protection From Abuse, etc.
- May function as a shift supervisor as needed to oversee the operations of assigned shift and formally lead the daily operations of the department, organize and assign work, and provide daily instruction to staff regarding specific duties and assignments.
- May be required to provide support at various UPMC facilities which would include: Detailed knowledge of the physical layout of multiple facilities. Working knowledge of site specific policies and procedures between sites. Ability to effectively interact with differing management and customer bases from site to site.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Act 120 trained or equivalent (PA State Police Act Police Academy training, Police Officer training as mandated by the Federal Law Enforcement Training Centers) with 1 year of experience in law enforcement or a security related field preferred OR
- Five years of prior law enforcement experience in which a firearm was an essential tool and for which, at minimum, annual firearm training and qualification was maintained
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills, especially the ability to effectively interact, communicate, and diffuse potential combative situations with persons from all walks of life.
- Psychological fitness required to deal with stress and potentially dangerous conflict situations.
- Physical fitness requirements to deal with typical physical demands that require full body motion and physical strength and stamina sufficient to respond to crisis interventions and medical emergencies.
- Be able to effectively communicate both orally and in written format.
- Good interpersonal skills; able to deal with stress and potentially dangerous conflict situations.
- All applicants will be subject to a thorough background and criminal record check
- Must be available for all shifts Officers are required to wear a bullet proof vest.
- Must be able to perform as a security officer when necessary.
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/VeteranSalary Range:
- Act 235 with successful completion of both the academic and firearms training modules, required prior to hire. Must meet audio and visual standards outlined in Act 235 at time of hire.
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation - certification required within 30 days of hire.
- Successful completion of UPMC Police Training upon hire.
- Successful completion of all UPMC mandated weapons and firearms training.
- Successfully pass UPMC Physical Fitness Standard: Physical fitness requirements to deal with typical physical demands that require full body motion and physical strength and stamina sufficient to chase, apprehend and subdue criminal suspects, and respond to crisis interventions and medical emergencies.
- Must have good hand/eye coordination and able to pass an eye and hearing test with appropriate correction.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Driver's License
- UPMC Physical Fitness Standard
- Act 235 with Firearms
- Act 31 Child Abuse Reporting
- Act 33 with renewal
- Act 34 with renewal
- Act 501
- Act 73 FBI Clearance
$17.16 to $27.17 / hourUnion Position:
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.
Posting ID: 559415057Posted: 2020-07-14