Job DescriptionJob Title:
Surgical Technologist-West Mifflin Outpatient Surgery Center Part-TimeJob ID:
2775 Mosside Blvd, Monroeville PA 15146 Description
UPMC is opening a brand new outpatient center in the West Mifflin area. (The old Toys R US building)
UPMC West Mifflin Outpatient Surgery Center is hiring a Part Time
This position will be Monday - Friday daylight hours.
No holidays or weekends!
Are a Surgical Technologist seeking a new opportunity? Does a SIGN-ON BONUS grab your interest? Look no further!
The title and pay rate of these positions may vary depending upon years of experience.
We are currently offering SIGN-ON BONUSES for all full-time and part-time Surgical Technologist positions! The amount of the sign-on bonus is dependent upon your years of Surgical Technology experience. Each bonus listed below requires a 2 year employment commitment. Don't miss out - apply today!
•Inexperienced Surgical Technologist - $5,000
•1 year experience as Surgical Technologist - $7,000
•2+ years experience as Surgical Technologist - $10,000
Current UPMC employees are not eligible for sign-on bonus program.
Perform a variety of tasks in an operating room that assist the surgical team. Arrange sterile setup for surgical procedures; pass instruments, sponge and suture to surgeons and surgical assistants; prepare sterile supplies; assist in cleanup of the operating room; check placement and operation of equipment; and check and restock operating room. During surgical procedures may be responsible for special trays, graft materials, and record patient data.
- Ensure all medications are labeled and handed to surgeon according to established policies and procedures.
- Ability to float to UPMC McKeesport or UPMC East when the surgery center census is low.
- Before an operation, help to prepare the operating room by setting up surgical instruments and equipment, sterile drapes, and sterile solutions. Assemble both sterile and non-sterile equipment. Adjust and check equipment to ensure it is working properly.
- During surgery, efficiently pass instruments and other sterile supplies to surgeons and surgeon assistants. Hold retractors or instruments, cut sutures, sponge or suction the operative site under the supervision of the surgeon and help count sponges, needles, supplies, and instruments.
- Assist in the preparation, care for, and disposal of specimens taken for laboratory analysis and helps apply dressings.
- Assist the surgical team with putting on sterile gowns and gloves.
- After surgery, may help transfer patients to the recovery room. Clean and restock the operating room.
- Prepare patients for surgery by wash, shave, and ensure aseptic incision sites. May transport patients to the operating room, help position them on the operating table, and cover them with sterile surgical drapes.
- Ensure clean, safe environment through continued alertness to safety and explosive hazards and aseptic technique.
- Completion of a formal surgical technician program offered by a community or junior college, vocational school, university, hospital or the military.
- Entry level job 0-2 years experience.
- Surgical specialties include but are not limited to:
- Ophthalmology, Endoscopy, Podiatry, Plastic hand and general surgery services is strongly preferred.
- Access to medications is limited to the distribution of the medication to the nurse.Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Act 31 Child Abuse Reporting with renewal
- Act 33 with renewal
- Act 34 with renewal
- Act 73 FBI Clearance with renewalUPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
$15.61 to $23.99 / hourUnion Position:
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.
Posting ID: 559415113Posted: 2020-06-10