Job DescriptionJob Title:
Professional Staff Nurse (Maternal Child Home Health - Erie)Job ID:
Great Lakes Home Health & HospiceDepartment:
GL HH NursingLocation:
1700 Peach St, Erie PA 16501 Description
Join UPMC Home Health and provide one-on-one care and teaching with patients and families! This position focuses on Maternal Child Health.
Home health nursing can provide you with an impactful career that also provides opportunities for advancement, access to the most modern equipment and technology, and excellent benefits. Our home health nurses love the flexible daylight hours, one-on-one patient care, independence, focus on patient education, and having the ability to be true patient advocates. Currently Offering a $5,000 Sign On Bonus to those who qualify!Job title and salary will be based upon qualifications and career ladder requirements.Responsibilities:
QualificationsGraduate of an accredited school of professional nursing requiredBachelor's degree preferredUPMC Home Health Care approved certification preferredMinimum of 6 months of nursing experience in an Acute Care Facility or Skilled Care FacilityMaternal Child Health Nursing experience preferred
- Attend compliance training and adhere to the organization standards of conduct, policies and procedures.
- Focuses on customer service and continually strives to perform the duties of their job in a manner that will result in optimal patient satisfaction.
- Assigns other nursing personnel, including LPNs and Aides to assist in the appropriate delivery of services as ordered on the plan of care to the patient.
- Identifies, investigates and recommends solutions to organization issues.
- Identifies any deficits or exceptional performance issues of other nursing personnel, LPNs and Aides, and recommends solutions.
- Coordinates case management activities within a multi disciplinary health care team to insure appropriate delivery of services to patient.
- Initiates, coordinates and insures ongoing communication with the physician and other members of the health care team.
- Provides direct patient care, evaluates outcomes and adjusts nursing care process as indicated to ensure optimal patient care. Initiates, coordinates and evaluates patient and family centered health teaching.
- Establishes the plan of care in collaboration with the physician, patient and UM Professional in accordance with the physician orders and patient needs.
- Advises and consults with family and other agency personnel, as appropriate.
- Completes documentation including visit assessment, OASIS, 485 and Verbal Orders accurately and promptly on the laptop device or in written documentation while in the patient's home and within the agency's and regulatory standards.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC approved national certification preferred. Current Pennsylvania licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse. CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hireAutomotive InsuranceBasic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)Driver's LicenseRegistered Nurse (RN)Act 33Act 34Act 73 FBI ClearanceOAPSAUPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/VeteranSalary Range:
$24.95 to $35.99 / hourUnion Position:
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.
Posting ID: 559415160Posted: 2020-06-03