ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $6.4 billion and over 130,000 employees in 300+ offices deployed throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM's comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. Founded in 1909, ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes - from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports.
Job Type/ FLSA Status
This position is accountable for providing optimal customer relations and facility management for the assigned facility in a cost-effective manner. Reports to ABM Branch Manager/Operations Manager. Also responsible for overall contract customer satisfaction, service delivery levels and financial performance to ensure they meet or exceed contract scope, terms and conditions.
- Ensures optimal customer relations by maintaining constant communications with customer. Provides high quality operations and maintenance service to assure proper performance of engineered equipment and building systems.
- Acts as primary liaison with all customer departments, actively ensuring that service is prompt, responsive, effective and that inter- departmental concerns are addressed and resolved.
- Provides regular monthly written status reports to customer and ABM management. Presents status and/or performance reports as necessary to keep customer management conversant with atypical occurrences, unusual staffing challenges, potential building related interruptions, etc.
- Prepares, recommends and administers with assistance from Facility Managers, the annual facility budget. Reports exceptions to customer and ABM management and adjusts budget as necessary.
- Complies with customer and ABM corporate policies (personnel, accounting, technical service, safety and health, ethical conduct, etc.) communicates to subordinates and ensures subordinate compliance.
- Ensures that federal, state and local regulatory requirements are met including DER, OSHA, FLSA, EEO, ADA, etc.
- Schedules and coordinates over-all work priorities.
- Recommends what work should be performed in-house and what work should be subcontracted; consults with ABM corporate and/or external technical resources when making decisions on major changes.
- Ensures that reactive and preventive maintenance activities are appropriately balanced; monitors current and deferred maintenance backlogs; adjusts priorities and/or resources as needed and ensures that deferred maintenance is adequately documented.
- Utilizes maximum capabilities of Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) or customer provided work order control system.
- Develops and/or approves facility quality standards.
- Reviews completed work regularly and ensures that quality standards are met or exceeded to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Negotiates major service contracts (e.g. snow removal, window washing, janitorial, landscaping, etc.); reviews and approves smaller service contracts delegated to subordinates; consults with corporate technical and other staff as appropriate.
- Develops and negotiates minor construction projects as assigned.
- Manages purchasing program; approves major purchases; audits purchasing delegated to subordinates.
- Designs and implements administrative systems where ABM or customer standard systems do not exist or must be extensively modified.
- Ensures through subordinate managers that staff receives adequate technical, administrative and other training; participates in training of direct subordinates and supervisors
- Manages staff in accordance with ABM employee relations philosophy and policies; hires, terminates, recommends salary changes, conducts performance appraisals, counsels and disciplines as necessary; communicates and administers ABM personnel policies.
If applicable, ensures that labor contract requirements are met; makes routine contract interpretations as required; and maintains a harmonious working relationship with union representatives. Organizes and participates in facility audit activities.
Minimum Requirements Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in mechanical engineering or comparable experience required; Certified Facility Manager or Real Property Administrator certifications desirable for specific assignments.
- Demonstrated customer service orientation and skills.
- Working knowledge of two or more of the mechanical, electrical, general building maintenance, building construction or electronics crafts. Where there is not a working knowledge, a demonstrated aptitude is required.
- Demonstrated expertise in verbal and written communications.
- Demonstrated willingness to work non-standard days and hours as required.
Savannah, GA 31408 US (Primary)
ABM is an EOE (M/F/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)
California Consumers Notice http://www.abm.com/californiaprivacy
Posting ID: 559415266Posted: 2020-06-10