ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $6.4 billion and over 130,000 employees in 300+ offices deployed throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM's comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. Founded in 1909, ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes - from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports.
HVAC Chiller Specialist
High School or GED
Job Type/ FLSA Status
SUMMARY: The primary responsibility of the HVAC Chiller Specialistis to address tenant reactive / requested repairs and services and basic preventative maintenance work orders and maintain a safe environment for building occupants.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
1. Completes preventive and corrective work orders as assigned.
2. Basic working knowledge and experience with HVAC, Building Automation Systems (BAS), door hardware locks, panic bars, etc., basic plumbing including drinking fountain and restroom fixture repair and replacements.
3. Able to perform building automation responses and adjustments
4. Ability to identify equipment defects by visual and/or audio inspection.
5. Advises supervision of identified defects in equipment, potential problems and other building related issues that require additional attention.
6. Carries out varieties of general repair tasks - first responder duties.
7. Carries out furniture and fixture assembly, adjustments, relocations and repairs.
8. Conducts Daily Rounds, maintains equipment logs as directed. Identifies and documents items needing repairs and reports to supervision
9. Maintain mechanical equipment rooms in a safe and clean manner.
10. Provide excellent customer service.
11. At times, must be available for after normal hours support.
12. Other similar responsibilities...
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Required: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) 1- 2 years of basic maintenance experience as described in essential duties above, and 1 - 2 year of relevant experience in basic HVAC, Building Automation Systems (BAS), electrical and plumbing. EPA Universal Certification desired.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos, Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees or the organization.
Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
A valid state driver's license.
EPA CFC Certification desired.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Appropriate equipment will be provided for lifting over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is regularly exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee frequently works in high, precarious places and in outside weather conditions and is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals.
Houston, TX 77073 US (Primary)
ABM is an EOE (M/F/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)
California Consumers Notice http://www.abm.com/californiaprivacy