Job DescriptionJob Title:
Echocardiography SonographerJob ID:
Varied hours Monday thru Friday plus callShift:
200 Lothrop St, Pittsburgh PA 15213 DescriptionUPMC Presbyterian is hiring a full time Echo Sonographer to join our team!
This role will be scheduled varied shifts between 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday-Friday, including rotating call, weekend and holiday responsibilities.
UPMC Presbyterian has a Level I Trauma Center designed to treat the most serious life-threatening injuries - and the area's only Trauma in Pregnancy Center. If you're passionate about providing outstanding patient care, we want to hear from you!
Additionally, this department involves a busy stress echo lab including dobutamine, treadmill and bicycle echoes, and transthoracic studies performed on patients with adult congenital heart disease. There will also be opportunities to be involved in advanced structural heart interventions such as TAVR, MitraClip, Watchman, alcohol septal ablation for hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, LVADs/ ECMO and percutaneous closure of PFOs and ASDs.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate instructions to patients in a clear and concise manner and explain procedures to help allay the patient's fears and solicit their cooperation.
- Identifies all patients properly according to policy.
- Reviews patient history and assesses physician orders, applying specific departmental protocols for optimal results in the acquisition of data.
- Documents patient history in electronic record as required.
- Utilizes appropriate ultrasound instrumentation for procedures and demonstrates knowledge of equipment operations, applications and scanning techniques resulting in optimized image data/documentation.
- Demonstrates a strong ability to interact with both patients and co-workers, while displaying a high level of caring, listening, dignity and respect.
- Able to work as team member within the department and all other departments to expedite patient care efficiently.
- Ensures all completed exams are properly coded and identified for electronic processing and storage according to department standards.
- Assures charges are adequately entered for the exams performed.
- Performs Cardiac Ultrasound procedures according to guidelines established by the Medical Director.
- Procedures must be performed in the established time frame and according to established protocol.
- Procedures include Transthoracic Echocardiography, Transesophageal Echocardiography, Stress Echocardiography, and Echo with contrast.
- Conducts himself/herself in accordance with system-wide and departmental values, policies, and procedures.
- Within a reasonable timeframe, demonstrates the ability to function independently, and is able to cover off shifts, on-call responsibilities, and perform services at satellite facilities, where applicable, while continually communicating with lead and management team.
- Assists physicians with invasive procedures as necessary and adheres strictly to the universal protocol standards.
- Obtains appropriate echocardiographic images according to department policy and industry standards, including M-Mode, 2D, Doppler, Color Flow Doppler, Transesophageal echo, echo enhancement, bubble and contrast studies, and Stress echocardiography.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- Completion of formal training in an accredited ultrasound program required.
- Cardiac Ultrasound program preferred.
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/VeteranSalary Range:
- Registered preferred, or registry eligible with minimum of Physics portion of registry completed.
- Must obtain registry within 12 months of hire date
- CPR or BLS required
- Act 33, 34, 73 as required by business unit.
$23.83 to $37.36 / hourUnion Position:
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.
Posting ID: 559415293Posted: 2020-06-03