Luxottica is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of fashion, luxury and sports eyewear. Our wholesale network covers more than 150 countries and our retail presence consists of over 9,100 retail stores across the globe.
In North America, our wholesale business is the home to global brands like Ray-Ban, Oakley, and many of the top fashion house brands. Our leading retail brands include; LensCrafters, Sunglass Hut, Pearle Vision, Target Optical and Sears Optical. We are also home to EyeMed, the fastest growing vision care company in the United States.
Luxottica's Wholesale teams deliver the highest quality frames, best-in-class expertise and a deep understanding of products and markets to support our customers and fuel their businesses all over North America. GENERAL FUNCTION
The Director - Strategy & Project Management defines, drives and implements strategy and critical strategic initiatives within the Luxottica North America business. You will assess strategic options, support the organization's short and long range planning, serves as a key partner to the leadership team to identify, analyze, and solve business-critical problems, and lead/support execution of selected strategic projects. These projects may range from operational excellence, to new business opportunities and growth initiatives, and other critical projects for Luxottica Wholesale NA. You will act as a thought-leader, change champion and innovator. Role reports to the VP of Strategy and Analytics.. MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct Luxottica Wholesale NA's strategy and project management functions to ensure the effective analysis, planning, execution and results for projects supporting Luxottica's business strategy.
- Partner with senior leadership during the strategic planning and budget process to set strategic priorities, identify and evaluate business opportunities, select, and prioritize projects in line with priorities
- Utilize data and primary and secondary research to identify, evaluate, and quantify business opportunities.
- Manage a portfolio of key strategic projects, partly with direct project responsibility, partly as strategic partner and project management support to other senior executives.
- Drive definition of project scope, objectives and deliverables in collaboration with senior leadership and stakeholders.
- Lead or support delivery of project priorities, ensuring on time delivery of revenue growth, cost reduction and/or risk mitigation goals. Includes scoping, KPI definition and measurement, project planning, stakeholder engagement, etc...
- Support the business and functional units in achieving their goals by serving as a project manager, change agent, mentor, thought partner, process expert, facilitator, etc...
- Build and motivate teams and foster positive relationships with and among team members.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Master's in Business Administration (MBA) or equivalent.
- 10+ years' experience in Strategy Management/Consulting or strategic Project Management.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and deliver strong execution.
- Passion for problem solving and tackling complex or ambiguous challenges/opportunities
- Strong organizational, business, and project management skills, with proven delivery of results.
- Demonstrated ability to innovate and to effectively lead, influence, and communicate at all levels.
- Ability to quickly identify areas of opportunity, research creative solutions and implement new processes.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Consumer Product Goods, Wholesale Sales, Retail Sales, Merchandising or related experience preferred.
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Luxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-888-887-3348 or e-mail HRCompliance@luxotticaretail.com (be sure to provide your name and contact information for either option so that we may follow up in a timely manner).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, social origin, social condition, being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression or stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law. Nearest Major Market:
Manhattan Nearest Secondary Market:
New York City Job Segment:
Manager, Merchandising, Management Consulting, MBA, Management, Retail