Luxottica is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of fashion, luxury and sports eyewear. Our wholesale network covers more than 150 countries and our retail presence consists of over 9,100 retail stores across the globe.
In North America, our wholesale business is the home to global brands like Ray-Ban, Oakley, and many of the top fashion house brands. Our leading retail brands include; LensCrafters, Sunglass Hut, Pearle Vision, Target Optical and Sears Optical. We are also home to EyeMed, the fastest growing vision care company in the United States.
Luxottica's Wholesale teams deliver the highest quality frames, best-in-class expertise and a deep understanding of products and markets to support our customers and fuel their businesses all over North America. GENERAL FUNCTION
The Senior Manager of Strategy & Projects will support the organization in leading initiatives aimed to support the growth and evolution of the organization and business by partnering with Sales, Marketing and all other internal departments. A solution oriented and problem solving mindset combined with a deep knowledge of the industry trends and the company's local and global strategy will be key to offer a fresh perspective on how to define new approaches to how Luxottica competes in its market place and a precondition to identify and lead the development of partnership opportunities within the broader organization and with other industry players. MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In partnership with the Director & VP of Strategy, ensures the effective execution of business improvement projects and related strategies.
- Manage assigned projects, verifying execution to defined requirements, monitor progress to deadlines, report to Director of Strategy & Project Management and the executive team on status.
- Independently leads mid-sized ($5M) projects of varying complexity and risk.
- Provides project leadership to small highly qualified cross-functional teams engaged in complex work.
- Drives cross functional communication for business process improvements and provides management insight on efficiency and revenue generating opportunities.
- Evaluates, plans and leads strategic implementation and follow-through; actively promoting the adoption of digital tools to drive business efficiency
- Leverages analysis to evaluate all aspects of business processes including budgeting, planning and resources to define requirements, propose potential solutions and coordinate the implementation or modification of existing tools and /or processes.
- Support the business and functional units in achieving their goals by serving as a facilitator, project manager, change agent, process expert, etc.
- Serve as a leader and subject matter expert as necessary when difficulties arise during multi-disciplinary projects.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Bachelor's degree in business, engineering or related field from an accredited college/university.
- 8 +years of related work experience in consulting or consumer product industry with a focus on business process improvement and automation and/or digital tools for consumers.
- Ability to understand, map, document and analyze current business processes, with the ability to translate user needs into tools and solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and deliver strong execution.
- Able to work & problem solve in a highly complex/matrixed environment.
- Strong organizational, business and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to innovate and to effectively lead and communicate at all levels.
- Ability to quickly identify areas of opportunity, research creative solutions and implement new processes.
- Strong teamwork and ability to work and influence cross functional teams.
- Advanced Excel, Power Point
- MBA or related graduate level degree
- Experience in optical, FMCG or consumer products industries
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Luxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-888-887-3348 or e-mail HRCompliance@luxotticaretail.com (be sure to provide your name and contact information for either option so that we may follow up in a timely manner).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, social origin, social condition, being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression or stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law. Nearest Major Market:
Manhattan Nearest Secondary Market:
New York City Job Segment:
Manager, Marketing Manager, Business Process, MBA, Management, Marketing