ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $6.4 billion and over 130,000 employees in 300+ offices deployed throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM's comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. Founded in 1909, ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes - from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports.
High School or GED
Job Type/ FLSA Status
Responsible for supervising Shuttle Drivers and Transportation personnel,as well as assisting airline passengers at the Airport requiring assistance withtransportation.
- Supervise daily operations - Busing, Transportation, Operations Employees
- Monitor rest breaks and lunch breaks. Fill in as necessary.
- Monitor employee clock in/out.
- Manage lost and found boxes and pick up on required schedule.
- Manage attendance reports.
- Manage Work Force Management.
- Ensure communication during shift changes.
- Approve shift trades.
- Approve leave requests.
- Participate in disciplinary actions.
- Act as liaison between passengers and client.
- Stationed at various airport locations. Able to transport passengers.
- Other duties as required.
- The individual may be required to stand, sit, and/or walk for 2/3 or more of the work shift.
- Individual may be required to talk, hear and use hands to handle or feel for 2/3 or more of the work shift.
- Individual may be required to lift 25 pounds or more for up to 2/3 of the work shift.
- The individual must be able to work in a high stress environment.
- The work environment has a moderate to high noise level.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as government issued identification items, safety rules, operating and procedure manuals, and employee handbooks.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Employee must comply with the Company's uniform and grooming standards and must wear his or her SIDA badge/Airport ID at all times.
- Employee must comply with all guidelines and policies set forth in the ABM Employee Handbook. These policies include, but are not limited to, the Company's Zero Tolerance Discrimination and Harassment Policy, Retaliation Policy, Ethics Policy, and Security Policy.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- 1-year customer service experience preferred.
- 1-year supervisor experience preferred.
- Previous Transportation Experience including valid CDL license withPassenger Endorsement
- Basic computer skills, including understanding of basic software applications.
- Ability to use hand-held devices or tablets.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must work schedule as assigned.
- Must submit to and pass a drug screen.
- Must meet all requirements to receive required airport SIDA badge and Customs Seal (if applicable), including successful completion of a background check and ten-year work history.
La Guardia Airport, NY 11371 US (Primary)
ABM is an EOE (M/F/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)
California Consumers Notice http://www.abm.com/californiaprivacy
Posting ID: 559415367Posted: 2020-06-03