Logistics done differently.
Fortune named XPO Logistics among the most admired companies in the world, and we are on Forbes' list as one of America's best employers. Are you ready to take your career to the next level? As the Human Resources Manager, you will be responsible for driving profit in the district through the effective application of HR activities and programs. We'll count on your skills and years of experience to be a champion of our company values, ensuring an engaged workforce, loyal customers, efficient operations and a bright future for yourself and XPO. Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan. What you'll do on a typical day:
What you need to succeed at XPO:
- Partner with district leadership to identify and implement HR interventions that have a direct impact on the profitability of the district; propel communication activities in coordination with local and district management
- Drive performance and talent management processes in the district
- Manage HR representatives in the district, ensuring professional HR support in each facility
- Coach and counsel management and hourly employees regarding policies and procedures, discipline, interpersonal and teamwork opportunities; investigate and resolve employee relations issues that arise in the service centers
- Promote employee engagement through regular, personal contact resulting in a positive employee relations atmosphere
- Drive effective recruiting, selection and onboarding activities for salaried employees, and oversee hourly hiring by HR representatives and local management
- Ensure compliance with all company, government, labor and transportation industry regulations; deliver training to maintain compliance
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree in HR, Business or a related field, or equivalent related work or military experience
- 5 years in HR in complex environments, including 3 years in a supervisory role
- Experience with HRMS, Microsoft Office and related HR software
- Availability to travel 50-75% of the time
It'd be great if you also have:
Be part of something big.
- HR certification
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and listening skills
- Strong overall business and financial acumen
- Ability to manage highly sensitive and confidential information
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Nearest Major Market:
San FranciscoNearest Secondary Market:
Posting ID: 559415585Posted: 2020-06-03