Perdue AgriBusiness is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it's second century of growth and innovation. An international agricultural products and services company, we handle agricultural commodities and have a diverse portfolio of products and businesses. Summary
Perdue AgriBusiness has an exciting opportunity for a Seasonal Grain Operator
at our facility located in North East, MD
. This position is responsible for performing a variety of duties supporting grain operations. Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Operates equipment and maintains facilities involved in the handling, storage and drying of grain and other products.
- Maintains proper set-up, inspection and calibration of grain testing and weighing equipment per requirements and procedures.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance on equipment within the facility.
- Obtains, prepares, tests and grade grain samples from inbound and outbound shipments.
- Responds to customers regarding account information. Provides weighing of inbound and outbound grain shipments per requirements and procedures. Performs all work within the safety and environmental guidelines established by local, state, and federal agencies and company policies.
- High School or equivalent
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
- 0 - 2 years of related experience
- Reading, writing, math and analytical skills
- Basic understanding of standard computer applications
- Familiar with farming equipment and/or working on a farm is a plus
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Able to move freely throughout the agribusiness facilities including climbing vertical heights (0 -150'), carrying tools and equipment (0-50 lbs.), exposure temperatures (0-100) degrees Fahrenheit, humidity (0-100%), noise (50db to 100db) and chemicals (MSDS sheets available).
- Must be able to wear protective equipment to include self-contained breathing apparatus.
- Required to travel to remote agribusiness facilities and customer locations.
Posting ID: 559415627Posted: 2020-06-10