Provides management with financial analyses and management information reports used to make strategic, operational, capital expenditure and resource allocation decisions, including implementation of new technologies or programs. Works on complex problems/projects where analysis requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
- Develops financial models, collects and evaluates data, makes appropriate assumptions, analyzes results and makes recommendations.
- Prepares and delivers formal presentations of results to the client. Defends methodologies chosen for the project.
- Designs and produces analyses/reports for department, facility and/or regional management.
- Works to improve data quality and collection processes and report design to meet diverse and changing needs for management reporting.
- Develops alternative techniques for gathering a variety of data that is not available from established sources.
- Researches designs and documents financial procedures/systems.
- Oversees the incorporation of detailed information into hundreds of interrelated spreadsheets.
- Designs complex audit processes and reviews internal controls to ensure financial transactions are accurate, timely and comply with accounting standards, principles and company policy.
- Provides policy guidance and recommends new or modified policies to reflect changing business needs or new accounting pronouncements.
- Provides ongoing user education and management consulting on the use and interpretation of analyses, reports, methodologies and source data.
- Contributes to regional and/or facility task forces.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with other departments and individuals who are resources for supplying data.
- Supervises and provides on-the-job training of less experienced analysts.
- Provides assistance on technical matters and acts as a significant information resource.
- Responsible for budget and reporting for marketing departments.
- Supervisory experience strongly preferred.
- Up to 20% travel within California.
- Minimum five (5) years of directly related financial experience with analytically challenging projects.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting or related field, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Experienced with independently preparing financial analyses and reports.
- Project management experience required.
- Extensive knowledge of financial theories/methodologies used in corporate finance; accounting principles; statistical theories, applications and accounting/forecasting systems.
- Proficient with spreadsheet software and mainframe systems.
- May require user knowledge in a fourth generation programming language (e.g., SAS).
- Excellent communication, presentation, analytical and report writing skills required.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- CPA preferred.
Primary Location: California,San Diego,California Service Center - Rio S.D. 8954 Rio San Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Working Hours Start: 8:00 am Working Hours End: 5:00 pm Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt Job Level: Individual Contributor Job Category: Accounting, Finance and Actuarial Services Department: Medicare Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.