The Executive Vice President, Chief Medical Officer (EVP, CMO) is the Kaiser Foundation Health Plan, Inc. and Kaiser Foundation Hospitals (KFHP/H) national leader responsible for overseeing the enterprise quality agenda to ensure that all members and patients receive excellent care and service throughout Kaiser Permanente. This leader must be a nationally recognized expert with a track record of integrating quality innovation, research and care delivery operations to drive improvements in health outcomes. The EVP, CMO will work collaboratively across the organization and in partnership with Permanente Medical Group leadership to advance Kaiser Permanente-s enterprise quality agenda.
- Ensuring the ongoing advancement of Kaiser Permanente-s enterprise quality agenda in collaboration with the Permanente Medical Groups. This requires initiating, leading, coordinating, and supporting a broad range of enterprise strategies and operational activities related to achieving industry leading quality, service, patient safety, and risk management. Particular emphasis is placed on leveraging the Kaiser Permanente integrated model and information technology through transformational strategies, research and innovation.
- Advancing a research agenda with national and international impact, improving quality and health outcomes for populations both inside and outside of Kaiser Permanente.
- Supporting the KFHP/H governance process for the Boards of Directors. As the most senior quality leader in the organization, the EVP, CMO engages with the Quality Health Improvement Committee (QHIC) around the organization-s quality agenda and ensures that quality and regulatory activities in KP medical centers are brought forward to the QHIC to fulfill its strategic and governance oversight responsibilities for the organization.
- Providing leadership in collaboration with Legal, Compliance and regional leadership to promote compliance with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements related to the provision of care to KP members and patients.
- Acting as the Medical Director for Medicare Advantage, and Part D regulation, to ensure the clinical accuracy of all organization determinations and reconsiderations involving medical necessity as well as providing oversight for the health plan operations that involve medical and utilization review, benefit, formulary and claims management, and quality assurance activities affecting Medicare members.
- The EVP, CMO contributes as a leader for the overall KP Program including serving on the organization-s National Executive Team (NET) under the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. This leader will also serve on the CEO Executive Committee, the most senior leadership team in the organization.
- Minimum ten (10) years of executive leadership and management experience in the healthcare industry including both healthcare delivery and health plans
- MD or comparable degree
License, Certification, Registration
- CA medical license would be expected to be obtained
- Experience in high-profile national or international physician leadership roles in quality, service and research
- Successful executive leadership in complex organizations undergoing substantial business process and organizational cultural change
- Successful management of complex strategies and initiatives to completion meeting budget and timelines and achieving outcomes
- Significant speaking and writing experience at the national or international level
- Professional medical degree and clinical practice experience preferably in an integrated group practice
Primary Location: California,Oakland,Ordway One Kaiser Plaza Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Workdays: Mon. - Fri. Working Hours Start: 8:00AM Working Hours End: 5:00PM Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt Job Level: Senior Executive Job Category: QA / UR / Case Management Department: Quality Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.