The Store Manager reports to Regional Manager and ensures the uniform execution of the Division direction within their store. Essential Functions:Sales & Profit
Expense Planning & Management
- Meeting or exceeding store sales and profit plans through the training, coaching & managing of the sales staff.
- Provide training & communication of meeting or exceeding Service Excellence goals to sales staff.
- Communication with Regional Manager and BSS merchants regarding merchandise issues and needs.
- Merchandise consistently presented in store with Belk visual and merchandising standards.
- Coordinate timely floor setup for all promotional and seasonal activity.
- Ensure shrinkage control and Loss Prevention in store through the continual management of associates.
- Proper execution of all existing systems and procedures, and ownership of new system implementations and processes.
- Communicate & manage associates on price integrity in the store, including timely completion of permanent price changes.
- Ensure that all price changes are communicated through the approved channels, and report all deviations to the Regional Manager/Price Manager
- Ensure the ROCC the Dock process is being followed to ensure that merchandise is on the sales floor per the ROCC the Dock productivity standards
- Adhering to annual expense budgets for store to achieve profit goals.
- Monitoring store payroll and non-payroll expenses to achieve annual expense % goals.
- Taking timely action on expense budget variances.
- Adequate staffing in all departments to meet customer service expectations.
- Responsible for leading Workload Planning process.
• People Development
Education / Experience Requirements:
- Conducting timely reviews and communicating development needs to team. Set goals and identify areas for improvement.
- Recruiting, interviewing, selecting and retaining quality associates while ensuring all positions are filled in a timely manner.
- Maintaining high store morale through efficient, timely communications of policies and other information. Follow through on all concerns or problems that develop within the store.
- Provide effective coaching in order to improve performance of all associates.
- Communicate with associates on possible career paths and advancement opportunities.
- Ensuring execution of Associate Engagement Surveys. Reviewing with store management team and Regional Manager. Ensure follow-up is completed to address issues and improve the overall associate engagement of the store. Conduct listening sessions on a regular basis.
- Ensure HR guidelines are being met, such as hiring to the store matrix, maximizing Weekend Hours Utilization, and proactively completing associate turnover plans.
Position Contribution Level :
Minimum Education & Experience:
- Four-year college degree or experience in retail management.
- Proficient in computer business-related computer software (Microsoft Word, Excel, etc).
- Excellent supervisory, analytical and reasoning skills.
Preferred Education & Experience: Knowledge / Skills Requirements:Physical Requirements:
Reporting Relationships:Supervisor :
- Ability to use computer keyboard, standard telephone and other related business equipment.
- Must be able to lift up to 72 lbs at floor level and above shoulder height.
- Ability to push / pull receiving equipment weighing up to 500 lbs such as rolling flats, z-racks and pallet jacks.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to twist, bend and stoop to retrieve items from floor, shelves, racks, and hooks and place items on floor, shelves, racks and hooks
- Ability to work at a safe and steady pace.
Regional Manager Supervises :
All store management and their reports Disclaimer:
For reasonable accommodation information for an ADAAA qualified disability please see Belk Associate Handbook for policy and procedures.
Posting ID: 559415825Posted: 2020-07-14