Manager, Physical Security, Midwest Region NA
Cognizant is seeking a security professional to support with the development and execution of the Physical Security program in the Midwest Region of North America. The successful candidate will be responsible for operationally managing physical security throughout the Midwest region. He/she will be responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining a robust Physical Security program, which adequately protects Cognizant facilities, people, equipment and reputation. This candidate will report to the Americas, Regional Physical Security Lead.
1. Execute on the Corporate Security vision, mission and goals as delegated by Americas, Regional Physical Security Lead.
2. Advise Corporate Security Leadership on all Physical Security matters in the region.
3. Interface with Workplace Services, Legal, Human Resources, Business Units, Clients and Law Enforcement personnel as required during the course of the job.
4. Drive consistency, synergies and physical security best practices throughout the portfolio.
5. Establish and maintain robust physical security standards and guidelines.
6. Develop training programs for security personnel and associates.
7. Conduct physical security assessments to determine risk and recommend mitigation actions.
8. Develop, implement and continually update facility security programs, policies and procedural guidelines to protect Cognizant property, associates and reputation.
9. Plan, develop and conduct special studies; analyze gathered data and produces qualitative and quantitative reports.
10. Conduct due diligence and establish standards for security vendors throughout the region (i.e. guarding, CCTV, access control) to ensure consistent service levels and competitive pricing.
11. Develop and maintain effective business relationships with Local/State/Federal law enforcement and emergency response government agencies.
12. Provides support with managing incidents in the region.
Required Knowledge and Skills
1. Bachelor's degree preferred.
2. Proven leadership skills with excellent interpersonal skills.
3. Excellent written and verbal communications in the English language.
4. High level of information technology competency (MS Office and associated applications).
5. Expert in conducting physical security risk assessments.
6. Knowledge of CCTV, access control systems and guard management.
7. Crisis Management skills and experience.
8. Sound judgment and decision-making abilities.
9. Ability to build consensus among multiple constituencies and interact effectively at all levels.
Prior Work Experience
Minimum 10 years of security and/or Law Enforcement experience with a substantive blend of field and corporate / government experience. Ideal candidate brings functional local / regional law enforcement and intelligence contacts.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Jun 02 2020
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 193 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender, identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.
Posting ID: 559415851Posted: 2020-06-03