Cognizant Technology Solutions is looking for "QA Automation Lead " who could join in our team of IT professionals in our projects in Sunnyvale, CA. If you meet our background requirements and skills and looking for an opportunity to be rewarded for your skills and expertise, here is the ideal opportunity for you!
Role: QA Automation Lead
Work location: Sunnyvale, CA
Experience required: 8+ yrs
Skills required: Automation / Selenium
Must have skills:
Test Requirement Analysis:
• Create/modify/review Master Test Strategy docuement for large engagements.
• Create/update/review Test Estimations, Project/ Sprint Planning effort.
• Leverage previous project experience/learning like Retrospection Report, Lesson Learnt for better requirement analysis.
• Review architecture & design work products by adopting White Box testing techniques to identify defects by leveraging predefined checklist and cognizant solution accelerators(if any).
Test Strategy and Test Planning:
* Create test strategy (that includes release date, types of testing, scope of the project, detail explanation of particular release, RAID Risk, Assumptions, Issues and Dependencies etc).
* Gather inputs from the client (eg Types of testing, Development teams, Client managers etc).
* Prepare test plan covering timelines, resource (Man /Machine) deployment (How it will be tested).
* Seek signoff on the test plan.
• Involve Project/ Sprint Planning to define the sprint goals, scrum review meetings, identify the product backlogs & provide risks/issues to scrum team for quicker remediation.
• Review & seek signoff from customer on Retrospection Report, Lesson Learnt for every release.
Test Design Techniques (Design principles/tools/patterns):
• Review the test scenarios and seek review as required.
Track the root cause of the review comments and take actions to resolve them.
• Review the test cases and traceability matrix to ensure total coverage of requirements.
• Track the downtime and report the same to the client.
• Support the team/ client in conducting UAT/BUT if applicable.
• Perform sanity testing to ensure system readiness for testing.
Upload the test cases.
• Validate readiness of the test environment for test execution.
Prepare test lab for test execution.
• Seek sign off from the client at various stages of the cycle as required.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Jun 04 2020
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 193 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender, identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.
Posting ID: 559415869Posted: 2020-06-24