Leidos is seeking a Data Administrator who wants to work on a new agile DevSecOp project in an IC DoD customer space. This customer has never done this kind of work before. This is a great opportunity to start something new by helping to build a new structure, applications, and work environment. In addition, Leidos as a company is great place to work. The Intel Group and National Solutions Operations puts people first! This can be seen in many new benefits that we have put in place over the last year for qualifying candidates.
This role designs, implements, and maintains a multiple security enclave data environment, including on-premises and cloud, in a Government IC environment. This role provides technical expertise with handling and preparing various types of media for data ingest and processing. This role implements secure data storage, access, and transfer capabilities. Primary Responsibilities
- Collaborate across a team of Data Scientists and Data Engineers to produce work products.
- Responsible for installation, configuration, administration, support and maintenance of systems, including associated vendor or Free and Open Software (FOSS) database products.
- Update new systems, as well as support on current systems by tuning performance, allocating storage space, and implementing critical system patches. This infrastructure includes on-premises and cloud resources.
- Work with cross-discipline teams in order to ensure connectivity between various databases and systems.
- Contribute to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable.
Security Clearance Requirement
- Ability to apply expertise on multiple work assignments. Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks.
- Ability to operate with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems.
- Ability to create and use performance metrics to measure outcomes toward project goals.
- Ability to install, configure, administer, support and maintain data systems.
- Knowledge of how to work with FOSS.
- Experience updating systems
- Experience working with cross-domain teams
- This candidate must have a Bachelor's degree with 4-8 years of experience; or a Master's with 2-6 years of experience. Years of experience may be used in lieu of degree.
An active TS/SCI with Poly required.
US Citizenship is required.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible Potential for Telework:
No Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph Travel:
No Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Day Requisition Category:
Professional Job Family:
Leidos is a Fortune 500 information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [emailprotected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.