Leidos is seeking a Cloud Engineer who wants to work on a new agile DevSecOp project in an IC DoD customer space. Leidos is building a new team to develop new structure and applications for our customer. We are looking for a collaborative and forward leaning individual who wants to tackle challenges and be a part of creating innovative solutions. In return, Leidos will invest in you with a new enhanced leave plan, generous 401k, and training to name just a few great benefits. Ready to tackle your next challenge - then we want you on our team.
This role requires an experienced Solutions Architect/Systems Engineer to provide technical expertise with Cloud Migrations/Cloud-Native Service architectures. This position designs, develops, and implements a Cloud-Native Service architecture that software development teams can leverage to move services to use native cloud capabilities. This position works directly with implementation teams to provide technical guidance and implementation priorities related to cloud implementation. This position provides technical leadership and delivers an innovative product, service, or a combination of products and services that address a customer's specific business problem. Primary Responsibilities
- Develop innovative approaches and solutions, using non-quantitative tools and guidelines from past experience.
- Provide execution guidance and practical engineering support to mission teams working with the strategic guidance from the Cloud Engineering Lead.
- Provide technical/management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments.
- Interact in client negotiations and interface with senior management.
- Establish goals and plans that meet project objectives.
- May mentor and/or supervise others.
Security Clearance Requirement
- Possess domain and expert technical knowledge.
- Possess decision making and domain knowledge that may have a critical impact on overall project implementation.
- Experience providing technical direction.
- Experience delivering products and services to meet customer requirements.
- Experience with Cloud Migration/Cloud-Native Service architectures.
- Experience using non-quantitative tools.
- Knowledge of IC Cloud development and migrations policies.
- Experience establishing goals.
- Experience mentoring and/or supervising others.
- This position requires a minimum of a Bachelor's degree with 12-15 years of experience; or Master's degree with 10-13 years of experience.
An active TS/SCI with Poly required.
US Citizenship is required. Preferred Qualifications
External Referral Bonus:Eligible Potential for Telework:
No Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph Travel:
No Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Day Requisition Category:
Professional Job Family:
Leidos is a Fortune 500 information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [emailprotected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.