Leidos is seeking a junior Data Administrator who wants to work on a new agile DevSecOp project in an IC DoD customer space. Leidos is building a new team to develop new structure and applications for our customer. We are looking for a collaborative and forward leaning individual who wants to tackle challenges and be a part of creating innovative solutions. In return, Leidos will invest in you with a new enhanced leave plan, generous 401k, and training to name just a few great benefits. Ready to tackle your next challenge - then we want you on our team.
This role designs, implements, and maintains a multiple security enclave data environment, including on-premises and cloud, and in a Government IC environment. This role provides technical expertise with handling and preparing various types of media for data ingest and processing. This role implements secure data storage, access, and transfer capabilities. Primary Responsibilities
- Collaborate across a team of Data Scientists and Data Engineers to produce work products.
- Responsible for installation, configuration, administration, support and maintenance of systems, including associated vendor or Free and Open Software (FOSS) database products.
- Update new systems, as well as support on current systems by tuning performance, allocating storage space, and implementing critical system patches. This infrastructure includes on-premises and cloud resources.
- Work with cross-discipline teams in order to ensure connectivity between various databases and systems.
- Apply fundamental concepts, processes, practices, and procedures on technical assignments.
- Perform work that requires practical experience and training. Work is performed under supervision.
Security Clearance Requirement
- Technical experience handling and preparing various types of media for data ingest and processing.
- Knowledge of secure data storage, access, and transfer capabilities.
- Ability to apply functional concepts, processes and practices on technical assignments.
- This candidate must have a Bachelor's degree with 2-4 years. Years of experience may be used in lieu of degree.
An active TS/SCI with Poly required.
US Citizenship is required.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible Potential for Telework:
No Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph Travel:
No Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Day Requisition Category:
Professional Job Family:
Leidos is a Fortune 500 information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [emailprotected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.