DescriptionJob Description:Job Description
Leidos is looking for an Entry Level Network Operation Analyst to support our Transportation Security Administration - HCAccess program, with Enterprise Data Center support operations from Richland, WA.
We are looking for an individual with operational and proactive monitoring, traffic analysis and basic system administration in an Enterprise or wide area network environment. Monitor and troubleshoot to identify initial root cause, report and make contact with supporting groups as necessary to maintain the integrity of the network, server, and application availability on the Enterprise Network and document actions taken for follow on program reporting. This includes problem identification, collection, and reporting of network, server and application availability.
The Network Operations Center is the focal communications point during planned and unplanned infrastructure outages in the production and non-production environments. Perform work assigned by manager or lead with a positive attitude interacting with the customer, co-workers and management within a team environment that utilizes process management and ITIL concepts and work methods within a project management discipline. This position requires 24x7x365 support. Candidate should be available for a rotating and flexible shift. Primary Responsibilities
IMPACT: Works to achieve day-to-day objectives to maintain minimal disruptions to the Primary and Secondary Data center operations. Must have basic troubleshooting skills with and understanding of an Enterprise infrastructure that includes Windows server operating systems within a VMWare virtual environment. Understanding of basic networking and circuits and working with third party vendors when outages occur to open trouble tickets.
COMPLEXITY: This is considered an entry level position
. Candidates are expected to work closely with our Subject Matter Experts on Tier 2 level issues or problems in support of our customer. Must be self-motivated as well as work in structured teaming environment. Knowledge and understanding of Windows Server Operating Systems, Services, Error Logs and troubleshooting.
Understanding of Network topology and simple logic diagrams. Basic understanding of Virtual Desktop architecture and
support. Must be able to obtain and maintain multiple governmental security clearances for continued employment. Create and modify processes and technical documentation that consists of Standard Operating Procedures, technical documents, test and validation of applications and End User platforms.
COMMUNICATION: Communicates with colleagues across multiple areas (project managers, leads, subject matter experts, etc.). Capture technical issues from our customers and create solutions to help you and other team members be successful in our support service offerings.
KNOWLEDGE: Requires working knowledge of and ability to support a 24x7x365 Network Operations Center, monitoring multiple infrastructure applications for availability of network, server and applications being delivered to our customers. Have working experience with Windows server, network, virtual environments while support a High Availability infrastructure for our TSA customer. Basic Qualifications
Typical Education and Experience: BA degree in Computer Science OR relative experience maybe substituted in lieu of degree
- At least one year of hands on Network architecture and transport systems
- At least one year of hands on Virtual Windows Server experience
- At least one year of hands on Enterprise environment monitoring, escalating and troubleshooting
- At least one year of hands on experience providing Tier I & II User systems support with Virtual desktops
- Continual Service Improvement for existing processes and day to day tasks to incorporate the latest best practices and knowledge transfer when applicable
- Ability to work well with people from several IT disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
- Ability to express technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Capable of self-managing individual project priorities, deliverables, and deadlines
- Produce, modify and maintain delivered solutions documentation
- Must be able to obtain a DHS Public Trust Clearance, prior to on-boarding.
- 2 - 3 Years with Network transport systems
- 2 - 3 Years with Virtual Windows 2012 Server systems
- 2 - 3 Years of experience in an enterprise operations environment
- 2 - 3 Years of experience in a VMWare environment
- Demonstrated experience with 2 - 3 years of working in enterprise production environment, while monitoring and escalating issues and outages to the appropriate teams with appropriate and robust communication skills to efficiently compose system issues to management and system owners.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible Potential for Telework:
No Clearance Level Required:
Public Trust Travel:
Yes, 10% of the time Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Rotating Requisition Category:
College Job Family:
Network Administration and OpsLeidos
Leidos is a Fortune 500 information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [emailprotected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.