Leidos is hiring a Senior API Management Java Developer
for a key role on our SSA ITSSC II program in Baltimore, MD. In this role, you will be supporting enterprise solutions with your extensive experience in API Management. You will be responsible for the Solution Architecture for the API platform and API on-boarding.
Your other specific responsibilities will include the following:
- Apigee installation and configuration
- Implement APIs and maintain their lifecycle
- Develop API proxies
- Design and develop REST APIs using API Management platform. Create REST API documentation
- Convert web services from SOAP to REST or vice-versa, using API management platform
- Implement requirements of the API layer like security, custom analytics, throttling, caching, logging, request and response modifications etc. using API management platform
- Maintain programming standards and ensure the usage of the pattern / template for API Proxy
- Conduct code reviews and coach developers
- Ensure proper approach on traffic control and API security
- Standardize the CI/CD setup for API management tools and automated deployment
- Maintain the SLA, health and well-being of the API platform infrastructure
- Automation of API testing
As one of our Senior Developers, you will provide direction on solution design, and document, communicate, and implement the designs patterns they utilize. You will write technical white papers and document the design of proposed and new systems, as well as reverse engineer existing systems. You will contribute to the design, participate in development, maintenance, and continued support of computer/network operating system and other system software. You are also prime accountability for major projects and will develop detailed and robust requirements, code, test, and implement proposed systems.
In your role, you will communicate verbally and through clear written form progress on all work, including providing status on work activities, providing technical support, responding to issues, generating meaningful reports, and other deliverables to convey progress and plans for continued advancements. Required:
- Bachelor's degree witha minimumof 12 years of relevant professional experience or Master's degree with a minimumof 10 years of relevant professional experience.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills to present ideas and concepts effectively
- Hands-on development expertise with the Google Apigee Edge platform including but not limited to installation and configuration
- Solid understanding of API and integration design principles
- API focused integration design and patterns experience for the web
- Experience implementing requirements of the API layer like security, custom analytics, throttling, caching, logging, request and response modifications etc. using API management platform
- Experience with designing and developing API proxies and REST APIs using API Management platform
- Understanding of RESTful and SOAP Services
- Experience with converting web services from SOAP to RESTful or vice-versa, using API management platform
- Experience with API testing automation
- Knowledge of Agile and DevOps methodologies
- Significant experience designing, deploying, and supporting production cloud environments, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) and private cloud environments.
- Expertise in configuring the Apigee Private Cloud platform, including keystores, truststores, and KVMs
- Ability to apply security, throttling, OAuth 2.0, TLS, certificates, KeyStore, and Trust store for the Apigee platform
- Experience with CI/CD Tools (Jenkins, GitHub) for Apigee proxies deployment automation.
- Hands-on experience in designing and developing high volume web services using API Protocols and Data Formats (REST, JSON, SOAP & XML).
- Experience in Drupal portal.
- Hands on experience in Apigee Configurations, Management and APIGEE testing.
- Experience with version control software such as Git/Bitbucket.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible Potential for Telework:
No Clearance Level Required:
Public Trust Travel:
No Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Day Requisition Category:
Professional Job Family:
Leidos is a Fortune 500 information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [emailprotected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.