Leidos has ongoing needs for Senior PostgreSQL DBAs
capable of designing and implementing a community edition PostgreSQL platform
at enterprise level for our SSA ITSSC II program in Baltimore, MD.
This position will be responsible for:
- Administration of PostgreSQL databases throughout the development and production lifecycles.
- Design and develop logical and physical database designs from customer requirements.
- Provide advice and support to development resources.
- Provide guidance in the creation and modification of standards and procedures.
- Supporting the standing standards, policies and procedures of the customer team.
- Provide mentorship to group members and will be expected to help develop and support mid and junior level staff.
- May be scheduled for after hours on-call support and will be required to apply production packages during non-peak hours.
Your role will include other duties as directed by management to include:
- Day to day administration of community release PostgreSQL databases,
- Collaborate with development, architecture, and release teams, providing architectural design recommendations, driving standards for effective PostgreSQL transition to production operations.
- Recognized by the industry or industry contributor for PostgreSQL
- In depth knowledge of the PostgreSQL architecture
- Drive end to end availability, performance monitoring, and capacity planning for PostgreSQL, using different tools
- Implement automated methods and industry best practices for consistent installation and configuration of PostgreSQL for production and non-production environments
- Conduct technical reviews and Walkthroughs of system design documentation with development and design team members.
- Manage backup and recovery functions for a PostgreSQL data warehouse environment
- Proactively monitor and setup alerting mechanism for both database and supporting hardware to ensure system health and maximum availability
- Create users, establish database security, create resource queue, performance tuning in terms of query execution etc.
- Plan and coordinate system upgrades.
- Perform capacity monitoring and short and long-term capacity planning in collaboration with development resources, system administrators and system architects
- Manage Disaster Recovery environment
- Identify and resolve incidents and address to user problems/concerns
- Generate reports of all processes and jobs currently running on PostgreSQL with details like users, start and end time, CPU Usage and time, Memory usage, IO Time, locking etc.
- Bachelors Degree plus 12 years of related IT experience or Masters Degree with 10 years ofIT experience or professional IT certifications may be considered.
- 5 years of below technologies:Expertise in implementing Ansible automation, Experience in Python, Experience in agile and DevOps methodologies implementation
- Considered a leader in the field
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible Potential for Telework:
No Clearance Level Required:
Public Trust Travel:
No Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Day Requisition Category:
Professional Job Family:
Leidos is a Fortune 500 information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [emailprotected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.