***COVID UNIT***12 HOUR SHIFTS 6AM-6PM AND 6P-6AM $20.00 AN HOUR
The overall purpose of the COVID certified nurse's aide (CNA) position is to provide personal care to our COVID residents in a manner conducive to their safety and comfort.
The specific responsibilities of this position are described in the Essential Functions
- State certification as a nursing assistant mandatory.
- Complete familiarity with duties of a certified nursing assistant.
- Highly developed observation skills are desirable.
- Functional literacy in English is required.
- Tolerance, patience, empathy and concern are desirable.
The following represents the essential functions of this job to be used to determine if an individual with a physical of mental impairment can perform these functions with or without reasonable accommodation. The other functions listed may be required of all other staff in the position.
All essential functions should be reviewed with the Supervisor every six month and new goals established if results are not meeting expectations.
This description has been prepared to assist in evaluating various classes of responsibilities, skills, and working conditions. It indicates the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of positions given this classification. It is not intended as a complete list of specific duties and responsibilities. Nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. Nothing contained herein is intended or shall be construed to create or constitute a contract of employment between any employee or group of employees and the Employer. The Employer retains and reserves any and all rights to change, modify, amend, add to or delete from any section of this document as it deems, in its judgment, to be proper
- Provide personal care to residents in a manner conducive to their safety and comfort consistent with company policy.
- Promotes and supports the greatest possible degree of independence for residents
- Advises supervising charge nurse of resident=s status at beginning and end of shift
- Contributes knowledge of residents conditions/needs to resident care plans
- Assists in the implementation of care plans as directed within the parameters of established policy and procedure
- Observes and reports on residents conditions, and documents observations as required
- Promotes safe/clean environment
- Complies with requirements of procedures for safe lifting and/or safe transfer of residents per established policies and procedures.
- Must be able to perform moderate to heavy lifting
- Must be able to walk or stand for extended periods of time
- Assures that equipment is clean and functional
- Attends in-service training programs.
- Other Functions
- Performs incidental housekeeping or maintenance tasks as may be required to maintain a clean, hazard-free environment for residents, visitors, and staff.
- Performs other duties/tasks as may be assigned
- Maintain compliance with Daybreak's Compliance program and plan.
- Adhere to the Daybreak Code of Conduct
- These duties are not all-inclusive but provide minimum performance expectations and will be reviewed in the performance process.
Daybreak Venture is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to our policy of providing equal employment opportunity to employees and job applicants in a manner consistent with applicable laws and regulations, including federal laws prohibiting employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, or genetic information.
Posting ID: 559416568Posted: 2020-06-03