Benchmark's company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company's stated purpose is "to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:
Join the Margaritaville Lake Resort, Lake Conroe Houston and love where you work! It's the first Margaritaville in Texas and we welcome you to the one and only lake resort on Lake Conroe in Montgomery, Texas. Are you currently looking to work at an exciting new Resort? If so, this could be your opportunity!!
OUR CORE PURPOSE: Create and Deliver Fun and Escapism
Our team members are the best of the best. We hire energetic, committed people who have a genuine desire to take care of other people. Our team members approach their jobs as an opportunity to please and are dedicated to engaging with every guest, every time. We provide a fun and exciting environment to work and strive to ensure that you will Love Your Job!
1. Every Guest, Every Time
2. Foster a shared responsibility for the well-being of our staff, guests, and community
3. Act with integrity and respect
4. "It's my job to be better than the best."
For our full-time employees, we offer competitive and comprehensive medical, dental, life, disability, retirement and 401K benefits, on the job training, uniforms and recognition rewards. Enjoy daily lunch and dinner in our Employee Cafe and free on-site parking. Benchmark offers all team members discounts on travel, electronics, appliances, cell phones and service, rental cars, dining, movies, sporting events, theme parks and more. Hotel room discounts are available to employees and immediate family members at Benchmark properties.
Job Description:The Kitchen Supervisor is responsible for assisting in the day-to-day supervision of all kitchen operations; ensure a strong focus on Guest satisfaction. Develop and supervise Cooks while maintaining the highest standards of quality food, presentation, cleanliness, organization, and sanitation.QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
High school degree or GED required. Minimum of three years' experience in a high volume kitchen environment required. Minimum of one year supervisory experience. Excellent reading, writing, mathematical and communication skills. Ability to interact professionally with other departments and outside contacts. Ability to complete a heavy workload and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision. Excellent judgment and decision making abilities. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Ensure only the highest quality products are served and they meet each Guest's expectations.
- Ensure proper plate presentation and adherence to product specifications and recipe guidelines.
- Ensure all productivity and quality standards are maintained.
- Ensure a high standard of service efficiency, sanitation, and training.
- Use proper ordering procedures to maintain appropriate par levels of all restaurant-related products.
- Calculate COGS and troubleshoot discrepancies in cost reporting.
- Actively manage and control waste.
- Perform a daily walk through of inventory to determine daily production.
- Perform a daily line check to ensure consistent tastes, accurate temperatures, and quality of items.
- Coordinate catering/banquet functions with the appropriate Department Head.
- Assist General Manager in all facets of operation to include financial, forecasting, recruiting, entertainment, sales, and marketing.
- Responsible for ensuring overall Guest and Staff Member satisfaction.
- Communicate and establish rapport with Guests.
- Understand and utilize all safety and sanitation practices as defined in the safety program and reports any accidents.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned or determined by Department Head.
• Performs general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning product as assigned to adhere to health standards.
- Helps maintain a clean and sanitary culinary environment ensuring compliance with all local provincial and federal health codes.
- Cleans refrigerators, freezers, stocks and rotates supplies daily.
- Performs other duties as requested, such as, moving supplies and equipment, cleaning up spills, etc., to ensure a safe working environment.
- Assist in preparation / cooking in other stations as requested.
Inside main kitchen standing on hard floors. Working around hot stoves. Work may be performed in small areas. Work entails varying conditions of noise levels, temperature, and air quality. Outdoors, exposure to extreme and inclement weather. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Constant standing and occasional walking, bending, and reaching.
- Manual dexterity of hand and fine motor skills in order to use all kitchen equipment, i.e., knives, spoons, spatulas, tongs, slicers, etc.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move or push/pull goods up to 50 lbs or a maximum of 200 lbs on a hand cart/truck.
- Ability to perform duties in confined spaces and within extreme temperature ranges.
- Ability to strictly follow all sanitation, safety and cleaning schedules practicing clean-as-you-go techniques.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature & level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties & skill required of personnel so classified.