Benchmark's company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company's stated purpose is "to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:
Are you looking to work at an exciting, iconic Lake Geneva area resort that has mastered the art of guest service? Then The Abbey Resort is The Lake Geneva Experience you are looking for! We aim to hire individuals who are ready and committed to Be The Difference by creating memorable experiences in the lives of all we serve.
As part of the Benchmark global hospitality and Abbey Resort family you are considered to be a 'transformational agent' for our guests and 'the best of the best'! You will have the opportunity to join an incredibly talented team at an all service resort situated on the beautiful shores of Geneva Lake. Our property mission is to exceed guests' expectations by genuinely creating lasting memories through our commitment to maintaining positive attitudes, providing outstanding service and superior accommodations.
Every Guest, Every Employee, Every Time!
We offer an array of great benefits for all Abbey employees including on property discounts in the Waterfront Shop, Waterfront and 240 West Restaurants, Caf Latte, Avani Spa and Salon, as well as discounted room rates for friends and family. Benchmark also offers all team members discounts on travel, electronics, appliances, cell phones and service, rental cars, dining, movies, sporting events, theme parks and more. Hotel room discounts are available to employees and immediate family members at Benchmark properties. We also offer on the job training, uniforms, recognition programs, free parking, and free employee meals through our Employee Galley. For our full-time employees, we offer competitive and comprehensive medical, dental, life, disability, retirement and 401K benefits.
If you are ready to come Be The Difference - apply now!
As a bell person you will be responsible for transportation of guest luggage to and from the resort, guest rooms and vehicles. Responsible for various task in the Hotel related to guest service such as guiding a guest to a room or event, valeting their car and taking care of their luggage.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Driver's License
- Prior guest service experience desirable
- Able to stand at attention for 8 hour shift
- Able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Overall good health
- Reports for duty on time and in neatly pressed uniform.
- Greets guests and assists them to their rooms with luggage at check-in.
- Identifies all safety features in route to the room.
- Valet guest vehicles as requested
- Checks the condition of the room, shows features to the guests.
- Explains hotel services and facilities to the guests.
- Assists guests, upon request, from room with luggage at checkout.
- Stores and keeps secure the luggage of any registered guests.
- Distributes guest messages and packages.
- Maintains operation and cleanliness of resort vans.
- Assists in transportation of guests via the resort vans
- Performs the Doorman's duties in his absence.
- Maintains the cleanliness and organization of the bell stand, closet, and the main lobby.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned by the Shift Captain or the Guest Services Supervisor
- Scheduled hours may vary on business needs and may or may not include holidays, weekends, various shifts, overtime or reduced hours.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V