Physician Assistant - CNS/Radiation Oncology Service - Cornell Campus
The NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center has embodied the highest level of oncology research and care for over 70 years.
As a Physician Assistant on the CNS/Radiation Oncology Service, you will provide comprehensive care for patients with a variety of tumors requiring radiation; participate in radiation treatment planning and the important role imaging plays; see and evaluate patients currently receiving radiation; participate in Chart Rounds where all patient cases are reviewed prior to starting radiation treatment; coordinate care inter-departmentally for patients requiring MRI; and attend disease specific conferences/tumor boards. You will be working with radiation oncology Attendings, Oncology Fellows, Clinical Pharmacists, Care Coordinators, Social Workers, and a dedicated Oncology Nursing Staff, you will help develop, coordinate, and deliver the daily care plan.
Working within a multi-physician oncology practice, you will provide collaborative physician-based care with practice appropriate level of autonomy on the inpatient units. Your passion for safety and quality will be critical as you support our high-risk patient population to ensure delivery of care that our radiation oncology patients and their families deserve.
Shift: Monday to Friday per week, day shift. No nights, no weekends. PreferredCriteria
- At least 1 year of experience in radiation oncology, CNS oncology or medicine
- Bachelor's or Master's in Physician Assistant studies
- NYS licensure
- NCCPA certification
- BLS/ACLS certification
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, 'America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020.' - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 'Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice.' - Glassdoor
- 2019 'Employees' Choice: Top CEOs' - Glassdoor
- 2019 'America's Best Employers in New York State' - Forbes
- 2019 '150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare.' - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 'Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals' - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.
Posting ID: 559416710Posted: 2020-06-03