Registered Respiratory Therapist - Per Diem
Join NewYork-PresbyterianHudson Valley Hospital at the forefront of respiratory therapy. We were one of the first hospitals to implement a nitric oxide program. We're renowned for our breakthrough work with oscillating and jet ventilators. And we continue to utilize advanced techniques that improve care quality and shorten length of stays. Bold innovation. Unmatched patient care. Our respiratory therapists are shaping the future of the field. And now, you can become one of the people who Make It Possible:
Under the direction of a licensed physician, the Respiratory Therapist will perform various treatments, therapies, invasive and non-invasive procedures. The Registered Respiratory Therapist will clinically supervise and monitor clinical activities of Respiratory Technicians as described within the licensure law.Respiratory Therapists assist in transportation of incubated patients with the special emphasis in maintaining airways and providing adequate ventilation and oxygenation. Assess modalities of respiratory therapy, recommend changes - including improvements appropriate to the delivery of respiratory care.
This is a per diem position at located at NewYork-Presbyterian/Hudson Valley Hospital. Preferred Criteria
- Preferred candidates will have RRT and CRT certification from the National Board for Respiratory Care
- 1-2 years of hospital based experience
- Associate's degree in Applied Science and Respiratory Therapy
- Current New York State Respiratory Therapist License
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support Certification (BCLS)
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, 'America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020.' - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 'Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice.' - Glassdoor
- 2019 'Employees' Choice: Top CEOs' - Glassdoor
- 2019 'America's Best Employers in New York State' - Forbes
- 2019 '150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare.' - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 'Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals' - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.
Posting ID: 559416727Posted: 2020-06-03