The Training Manager ensures that the club delivers a fitness experience to all members.
Responsible for communicating and upholding company standards and leading by example. Ensure that team members consistently execute the basics in punctuality, dress code compliance, friendliness and cleanliness. Hires, trains and develops a strong team of Personal Trainers. Responsible for the successful attainment of department targets, including revenue and member retention.
Is the point of reference for fitness expertise within the club. SPAN OF CONTROL / ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIP / PEOPLE MANAGEMENT:
Job Scope: 1 club
This position directly manages the following positions inside the club:
8-10 Personal Trainers ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:Club Success Criteria
- Maintain a Department of 8 - 10 personal trainers
- Ensure all Personal Trainers are meeting company minimum standards ($3,000 in PT Revenue, 50 Sessions Serviced)
- Ensure proper Smart Start Show percentage of 90% or greater
- Ensure proper Smart Start Enrollment percentage of 30% or greater Personal Employee Success Criteria
- Individual Personal Training Revenue $6,000 per month
- Complete a Minimum of 100 Individual Personal Training Session Hours per month. ESSENTIAL DUTIES:STAFF PRODUCTIVITY AND MANAGEMENT [40% OF TIME]
Maintain a fully engaged and high performing fitness team that aligns with company values and goals. To achieve this objective, the Training Manager will:
SESSIONS SERVICED AND TRAINER DEVELOPMENT [60% OF TIME]
- Hire develop and manage performance of qualified Personal Trainers
- Train & develop Membership other staff as needed regarding fitness and supplementation presentations, emphasizing the impact of these on membership retention
- Conduct weekly (or as-needed) meetings with direct reports to review performance and offer direction, motivation and guidance toward achieving individual and company goals. Offer career growth and advancement opportunities as warranted
- Manage the Personal Trainer schedule including staying within budgeted non-session hours as submitted to and approved by the General Manger.
- Mediates club employee relations matters for all club fitness employees
- Discipline staff under the guidance of your direct supervisor
Ensure that all club members have access to a highly trained and professional fitness staff able to provide fitness counseling, training and programs within Crunch standards. The Training Manager is responsible for the successful attainment of fitness and supplement revenue goals. To achieve these objectives the Training Manager will:
- Execute on the skills and expectations of a high performing personal trainer
- Coach and Develop personal trainers on sessions serviced and program design during personal training sessions.
- Demonstrate proper client folder expectations and documentation of sessions.
- Ensure that all Personal Trainers are delivering high quality programs to their clients
- Develop weekly work schedules for fitness staff. Ensure that staff properly records their Time & Labor
- Ensure that staff comply with Time and Labor guidelines, and manage overtime in accordance with company guidelines.
- Provide member service and support related to fitness servicing issues.
- Assist members and encourage their involvement in fitness services.
- Responsible for achieving monthly, quarterly and yearly revenue objectives set forth by the Company with regards to Fitness services and Supplements
- Hire, Train and develop new Personal Trainers
- Regularly train staff on industry updates and teach Personal Trainers to be continually successful and ensure that all clients are trained professionally
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Ability to work in club office; move about club floors and rooms; review, revise, create club paperwork; communicate with employees, members, and the public
- Regularly required to demonstrate or explain proper physical fitness activities, techniques and procedures. Regularly required to lift up to 50 pounds
- Travel: Must be able to travel by car and airplane up to 5% of the
CRUNCH Fitness is looking for energetic, enthusiastic people that are passionate about health and fitness to join our team.
Looking to combine work, fitness and fun? CRUNCH Fitness is looking for energetic, enthusiastic people that are passionate about health and fitness to join our team. Working at CRUNCH is more than a job, it's an opportunity to inspire others to reach their fitness goals. Our 'No Judgments' philosophy attracts a diverse and welcoming group of professionals and makes Crunch an amazing company to work for.CRUNCH
is a gym that believes in making serious exercise fun by fusing fitness and entertainment and pioneering a philosophy of No Judgments. Our gyms are packed with the latest state-of-the-art cardio and strength training equipment, weight room, full service locker rooms with showers, tanning booths, HydroMassage bed, and an extensive schedule of CRUNCH signature classes including Zumba, BodyWeb with TRX, Yoga Body Sculpt, Belly Butt and Thighs Bootcamp, and more.