As a brand ambassador, a Personal Trainer represents Crunch Franchise to members and clients by delivering a positive fitness experience and quality personal training sessions leading to member retention and client acquisition and retention. Responsible for:
- Upholding the Crunch Franchise core values of T.R.A.I.N.: Timely, Ready, Attentive, Inspiring, Noble.
- Make reaching fitness goals achievable by assisting members and clients with education and guidance on comprehensive fitness programs including resistance and cardio-respiratory training, general nutritional guidelines, and nutritional product recommendations.
- Meeting/exceeding minimum monthly company expectations including session service targets resulting in Personal Training revenue, supplement/nutritional product sales, and contributing to club success.
- Training exclusively for Crunch Franchise. As a Crunch Franchise team member, it is a violation of our conflict of interest policy to conduct personal training sessions or perform any person training-related duties independently or at any company outside of Crunch Franchise. This includes working as an employee or independent contractor for another health club, personal training studio or private residence, or engaging in any other activities that represent a conflict of interest for Crunch Franchise.
Reports to the Personal Training Manager, Assistant Personal Trainer if applicable, Franchise partner or General Manager depending on club and market. This position does not have any direct reports.Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The Personal Trainer is responsible for performing the following activities for the club:
Qualifications:Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Service and Train Clients [70% of time]
- Create an outstanding initial personal training experience for introductory package clients
- Prepare and deliver comprehensive fitness programs based on clients' goals that include appropriate exercise selection, nutritional programming and teaching a fitness lifestyle
- Inform clients of the fitness tools available to assist them in achieving their goals
- Set expectations and hold clients accountable to their comprehensive fitness programs through goal setting, follow up discussions, and tracking progress
- Demonstrate safe and proper exercise technique to clients
- Service Members [20% of time]
- Instruct members on proper use of club equipment and exercise techniques
- Assist, at the club management's request, in any member service activities (e.g., fitness seminars, boot camps, body fat tables, supplement/nutritional product demos etc.)
- Understand all aspects and benefits of the CAMP CRUNCH Orientation and deliver a positive fitness experience to members and guests
- Help with racking weights and assisting in maintaining a neat, organized and clean club
- Additional/Misc. [10% of time]
- Design comprehensive fitness programs using company-provided tools (dotFIT)
- Schedule all personal training sessions, other appointments, and administration time using company systems (ABC/Datatrak)
- Trainer Business Plan execution
- Execute other duties as assigned
Certifications: (One or more of the following certifications)
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Current Nationally Accredited Personal Training Certification
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) - Certified Personal Trainer or Health Fitness Specialist
- American Council on Exercise (ACE) - Personal Trainer Certification
- The Cooper Institute - Personal Trainer Certification
- International Fitness Professionals Association (IFPA) - Personal Trainer Certification
- National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) - Certified Personal Trainer, Corrective Exercise Specialist (CES), or Performance Enhancement Specialist (PES)
- National Exercise and Sports Trainers Association (NESTA) - Personal Fitness Trainer Certification
- National Federation of Professional Trainers (NFPT) - Personal Trainer Certification
- National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) - Certified Personal Trainer or Certified Strength and Conditional Specialist (CSCS)
Personal Training experience preferred but not required.Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Physical effort required for daily duties include lifting weights, squatting, bending, reaching, spotting, and prolonged standing and walking.
- While performing the duties of this job the team member is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- Extended workdays are a frequent occurrence, as are weekends & holidays as needed to support the business.
Looking to combine work, fitness and fun? Join our crew! Crunch Fitness locations in South Mississippi (Hattiesburg, Petal, D'Iberville and Long Beach MS) are looking for energetic and enthusiastic team members who are passionate about health and fitness and being a positive influence in the fitness journey of our members. Working at Crunch is more than a job, it's an opportunity to inspire others to reach their fitness goals. Our 'No Judgments' philosophy attracts a diverse and welcoming group of professionals and makes Crunch an amazing company to work for. Crunch
is a gym that believes in making serious fitness fun. For over 30 years we have been the industry pioneers of the "No Judgements" fitness philosophy. Our gyms are packed with the latest state-of-the-art cardio and strength training equipment, our signature HIIT Zone with numerous instructor led class options, an extensive and invigorating group fitness schedule of Crunch's signature classes such as Yoga Body Sculpt, Chisel, Absolution,The Ride, Zumba, BodyWeb with TRX, Belly Butt & Thighs Bootcamp and dozens more! We are also host to post-workout Relax and Recovery amenities with HydroMassage beds and chairs, tanning booths and smoothie bars at select locations.
What are you waiting for? Jump into fitness made fun today!
Posting ID: 559416912Posted: 2020-06-03