Focusing on providing a great customer shopping experience, the meat cutter processes high quality fresh meat, poultry, pork and fish, ensuring sales cases are full and inviting.Some Job Responsibilities include:
- Maintaining a positive and friendly attitude towards customers and fellow team members.
- Engaging with customers through smiles and greetings, offering product information, providing selling suggestions and active sampling and always giving a genuine thank you.
- Ordering, cutting, grinding, slicing, weighing, wrapping and labeling according to quality, quantity, and product freshness and food safety and sanitation standards.
- Through proper handling, cutting, trimming and wrapping techniques, controls product shrink and inventory expenses.
- Selling products by providing customers with excellent and helpful product information.
- Properly using the meat department tools and equipment including knives, saws, wrapping machine, tenderizer, patty maker, grinder, while meeting meat department safety standards.
- Understanding the importance of correctly using and monitoring product pricing, signage, and placement.
- Keeping a clean, neat and orderly, and well-stocked meat counter, work areas, meat service cases and self-service cases.
- Helping with the preparation of ready to go meat products.
- Slicing, weighing and merchandising of prepared deli meats and cheeses.
- Displaying goods following deli department and/or merchandising guidelines.
- Taking customer orders, ensuring orders are completed on time and to the customer's satisfaction.
- Safety sensiive position.
Performs other duties as needed or assigned by management. Applicants for this position must be at least18 yearsold.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time; This description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned; This job description is subject to change at any time
Employer provides reasonable accommodations to a qualified employee that does not impose an undue hardship on the employer. Ability to:
- Learn the meat products we process and sell; meat, poultry, pork and chicken, how they are packaged, cut and merchandised.
- Learn how to process, weigh, wrap and merchandise all meat department products for sale.
- With both customers and team members, remain helpful, tactful and courteous at all times.
- Work quickly and efficiently, sometimes with little direction, to accomplish assigned duties.
- Read UPC codes, product labels, shelf signage, business forms, and posted company policies/procedures.
- Understand and follow food safety and sanitation rules, policies and guidelines.
- Work safely around knives, sharp slicers and saws, grinders, patty makers and tenderizers.
- Break down, clean and sanitize meat department production equipment, following all Bashas' meat department member safety policies.
- Be dexterous enough with hands and fingers so as to be able to cut, scale and wrap meat and fill and rotate products quickly.
- Communicate openly and professionally through appropriate body language, facial expressions and speech, also communicating in writing when necessary.
- Listen to and understand verbal and non-verbal communication of customers and fellow members.
- Stand for long periods of time, bend and twist, and frequently lift and/or maneuver merchandise and supplies weighing 20 - 40 lbs.
- Lift and maneuver up to 50 lbs, breaking down heavy pallet loads of cases, boxes and bags.
- Work in walk-in refrigerated coolers.
- Work with all sorts of meats, poultry, fish, flavorings, sauces and oils.
- Work with a wide variety of cleaning supplies, some including ammonia.
Posting ID: 559416971Posted: 2020-06-03