An entry level manager, the assistant customer service manager (Asst. CSM) will effectively assist the Store Director and other assistant managers in their management duties and share responsibility for the store's operation and performance. The assistant customer service manager directs the operations of the front end of the grocery store, ensuring an outstanding shopping experience where purchases are quickly and accurately recorded and totaled.Job Responsibilities:
- Engaging with customers through smiles and greetings, offering product information and always providing a genuine thank you.
- Creating a store environment members want to work in and customer want to shop in.
- Operating a cash register and manning store's customer service counter.
- Directing all operations on the front end of the grocery store.
- Working directly with courtesy clerks and cashier/clerks, ensuring team professionalism, productivity and outstanding customer service.
- Observing and enforcing all store rules and company policies.
- Helping to select and train new team members.
- Serving as the leader of his/her department, and as such an excellent role model, coach, performance evaluator and trainer for his/her team.
- Ensuring compliance with all heath department and weights and measures department policies and requirements.
- Ordering and merchandising the general department (grocery, dairy, liquor, HBC, non-foods, frozen foods, and wall deli shelves, display cases and displays).
- Ensuring company safety guidelines are being followed by all team members.
Performs other duties as needed or assigned by management. Applicants for this position must be at least18 yearsold.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. This job description is subject to change at any time
Employer provides reasonable accommodations to a qualified employee that does not impose an undue hardship on the employer. Ability to:
- Lead others, following and setting goals and objectives, acknowledging member performance and holding the team accountable for their performance.
- Remain helpful, tactful and courteous at all times.
- Work quickly/efficiently to accomplish assigned duties, ensuring all team members do the same.
- Add, subtract, divide, multiply and perform other basic business math calculations.
- Read UPC codes, product labels, shelf signage, business forms, and posted company policies/procedures.
- Learn and communicate the benefits and uses of a wide variety of products merchandised within the store.
- Be dexterous enough with hands and fingers so as to be able operate a register and to fill and rotate products quickly.
- Communicate openly and professionally through appropriate body language, facial expressions and speech, also communicating in writing when necessary.
- Listen to and understand verbal and non-verbal communication of customers and fellow members.
- Stand for long periods of time, bend and twist, and frequently lift and/or maneuver merchandise and supplies weighing 30 - 40 lbs.
- Lift and maneuver up to 50 lbs. and break down large grocery pallets.
- Operate manual and electric pallet jacks.
- Often work in walk-in refrigerated coolers.
- Work with all sorts of chemicals used to clean the store including ammonia products.
Posting ID: 559417088Posted: 2020-07-14