The deli and bakery cleanups ensure customer satisfaction by providing a clean and inviting department and eating area, and also contributes to the production of department products for sale.Some Job Responsibilities include:
- Maintaining a positive and friendly attitude towards customers and fellow team members.
- Engaging with customers through smiles and greetings, offering product information, providing selling suggestions and always giving a genuine thank you.
- Helping to break down loads, positioning cases of product in the warehouse, walk-in cooler and walk-in freezer.
- Washing pots, pans, dishes and other cooking implements and tools.
- Cleaning floors, walk-in coolers and freezers, production equipment, ovens, fryers, walls, fixtures, ceilings and eating areas.
- Helping to prep products for sale produced in the department.
- Emptying trash receptacles, taking trash to proper bins or collection sites.
- Keeping clean neat and orderly work areas, including a well swept department.
- Attentively rotating dated perishable products to ensure quality and safety.
Performs other duties as needed or assigned by management. Must be at least18 yearsold.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time; This description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned; This job description is subject to change at any time
Employer provides reasonable accommodations to a qualified employee that does not impose an undue hardship on the employer. Ability to:
- With both customers and team members, remain helpful, tactful and courteous at all times.
- Work quickly and efficiently, sometimes with little direction, to accomplish assigned duties.
- Read UPC codes, product labels, shelf signage, business forms, and posted company policies/procedures.
- Understand food safety and sanitation rules, policies and guidelines.
- Work safely around production equipment, slicers, tools and hot ovens and burners.
- Learn a wide variety of department products for sale.
- Be dexterous enough with hands and fingers so as to be able to fill and rotate products quickly and use necessary equipment, including knives, openers, mops and brooms.
- Communicate openly and professionally through appropriate body language, facial expressions and speech, also communicating in writing when necessary.
- Listen to and understand verbal and non-verbal communication of customers and fellow members.
- Stand for long periods of time, bend and twist, and frequently lift and/or maneuver merchandise and supplies weighing 20 - 40 lbs.
- Lift and maneuver up to 50 lbs, breaking down heavy pallet loads of cases, boxes and bags.
- Operate manual and electric pallet jacks.
- Often work in walk-in refrigerated coolers and near hot ovens and fryers.
- Work with all sorts of meats, vegetables, flours, fruits, spices, nuts, flavorings, sauces and oils.
- Work with a wide variety of cleaning supplies, some including ammonia.
Posting ID: 559417094Posted: 2020-07-14