DescriptionPay: $17.00/hr Additional $.75/hr after 90 days of employmentAdditional $.75/hr after 1 year of employmentShift: Monday - Friday; 7:00am - 3:30pmLocal Delivery. CDL Not Required
Are you looking to join an essential business who puts their employees and customers first? Staples Inc. is the place for you, and we are hiring! We strive for work life balance for our employees.Reaching your full potential is more than a job for Staples associates! We offer competitive pay & benefits, while recognizing efforts to achieve career goals. This is an opportunity to be part of the Staples World Class Supply Chain Team and to provide essential products to our customers.We collaborate and innovate...
Our North American Supply Chain network brings technology and people together in innovative ways to deliver state-of-the-art products, services, and expertise. Our extensive portfolio of opportunities span from traditional inventory, fulfillment and delivery to specialized strategy, automation, engineering, analytics, leadership, and logistics. Our diverse network paired with a continued commitment to and investment in our people, process, platforms and the communities in which we live and serve are the foundation on which we build our bright future.
If you are interested in leveraging your talents to drive innovation, customer satisfaction, market growth, personal development and industry change in a dynamic team work environment---please explore the opportunities within our world class Supply Chain team! Position Summary:
Deliver office supplies on assigned route to Staples Advantage customer accounts while meeting internal schedule and quality standards. Provide customer service to customers by assisting with problem resolution and accepting product returns as required. Mobile POD experience would be an asset, but not required. Primary Responsibilities:
- Organize and load product for delivery utilizing the manifest assuring the most efficient delivery route and schedule.
- Gather appropriate paperwork for deliveries.
- Delivering product as per customer requirements (i.e. 2nd Floor, Receiving or Reception etc) obtaining signatures and completing all required paperwork.
- Accept returns from customer, completing appropriate paperwork and return to warehouse. Place product in return area with appropriate documentation.
- Update manifest with reason codes.
- Address and resolve customer problems as appropriate. Inform supervisor of outstanding issues.
- Maintain cleanliness of vehicle and report any maintenance problems to supervisor.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Minimum 1-year of truck driving experience of a 16 ft. or longer straight truck
- 1 - 3 years in a service-oriented position
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have a good driving record
- Must be able to obtain a DOT medical card
- Must have a valid driver's license (no "major moving violations" as described in the employment application supplement and in accordance with applicable state law)
- Ability to lift, push or pull items weighing 70 pounds on occasion up to 100 pounds, navigate and read a map
- Ability to use mobile Proof of Delivery (POD) devices
- Excellent customer service skills and dealing with customers face-to-face
- Must be a team player and able to work well with minimum supervision
- Knowledge of safe work practices
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work without supervision; organize and manage time
- Must be a team player
- Ability to work in a warehouse environment in all types of weather
- Ability to drive throughout assigned route in all kinds of weather and road conditions safely
- Ability to work safely within tight time constraints in a fast paced environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills required. Interpersonal skills a plus
- Passing a background and/or drug screen may be required
- Basic English language skills (both verbal and written communications)
- Ability to work flexible hours preferred
- Experience with hand truck /dolly type equipment preferred
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, push/pull, or balance weight for extended periods of time. The employee must have the ability to lift, push or pull items weighing 70 pounds on occasion 100 pounds by hand or may use dolly type equipment to deliver product to customers. Employee will regularly drive a delivery truck and must be able to enter and exit the truck throughout the day. Must be able to enter and/or scan product and customer information into a hand-held scanner (electronic clipboard). Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near mechanical equipment. Drive throughout assigned route in all kinds of weather and road conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Staples is The Worklife Fulfillment Company, helping businesses of all sizes be more productive, connected and inspired. With dedicated account teams, category professionals, innovative brands and a curated product assortment for business, Staples provides customized solutions to help organizations achieve their goals. Interested in joining the team? Check out our perks and benefits!
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.